10 Things We Learnt From The Super Secret #MarvelEvent In Los Angeles
1. The Captain America 3 Will Be Subtitled Serpent Society, So We Can Expect To Be Introduced To A Bunch Of Scaly, Snake-Themed Supervilla... No, Wait! Robert Downey Jr. And Chris Evans Have Taken To The Stage And Seem To Be At Odds With Each Other.
2. Turns Out, The Third Captain America Movie Will Be Taking Up The Civil War Arc, Pitting Steve Rogers (Captain America) And Tony Stark (Iron Man) Against One Another In The Summer Of 2016
Since "Civil War" won't be able to tell the same story as the comic books, Feige says this version of the story will be about government control of the Avengers. Because of events in previous movies, "governments want these people to report to somebody." "It's not about the secret identity thing as much as it is who reports to who and who can report to an oversight committee," he explains, teasing that rift will be between Captain America and Iron Man.zap2it.com
3. There Has Been No Confirmation Nor Denial On Benedict Cumberbatch's Involvement With The Project, But Marvel Has Pushed The Release Date For Its Doctor Strange Feature To November 2016. To Accomodate For Cumberbatch's Busy Schedule, Perhaps?
With no Benedict Cumberbatch as "Doctor Strange" announcement ready for this event, Feige deflected most of those questions by saying the movie will introduce audiences to the supernatural side of the MCU. "The idea of this film is to open up an entire new corner of the Cinematic Universe," Feige says. "We now want to enter through with 'Strange' the world of parallel dimensions." When asked to comment on the Cumberbatch rumors, Feige simply said it will be announced when it is official.zap2it.com
4. Meanwhile, Star Lord And His Band Of Misfits Are Set To Return To The Big Screens For A Return In May 2017 With Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
5. Thor: Ragnarok (July 2017) Will See The "End Of Days" Threatening To End The Asgardians, Including Thor And Loki, Whose Roles Will Be Reprised By Chris Hemsworth And Fan-Favourite Tom Hiddleston (Finally!)
6. Marvel's First Black Superhero Finally Gets The Spotlight He Deserves In A Black Panther Movie Slated For A November 2017 Release, With Chadwick Boseman Set To Play The Titular Role. Interestingly, Black Panther Will Make His On-Screen Debut In Captain America: Civil War.
Feige says his hope is for Black Panther to become as significant in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he is in the comics. "With Black Panther, what our little song and dance at the end [of the event with Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans] was meant to clarify he is definitively a big part of 'Civil War,'" Feige promises. "We will meet him in 'Civil War' in costume." Don't expect Black Panther to pick sides easily, as Boseman says, "Black Panther is kind of his own guy."zap2it.com
7. Up Next In Marvel's Series Of Firsts, Captain Marvel AKA Carol Danvers Has The Honour Of Being The First Marvel Female Superhero To Have A Solo Movie Of Her Own. While Casting Is Still A Ways Off, The Movie Will Hit Cinemas On July 2018
Carol Danvers started life as a supporting character for Marvel’s first Captain Marvel. Introduced in Marvel Super-Heroes No. 13, she was a U.S. Air Force pilot and potential love interest for the hero who eventually got sidelined following an accident during one of Mar-Vell’s adventures. Years later, it was revealed that that accident had actually altered Danvers’ DNA and given her superpowers, prompting her to take up the superheroic identity Ms. Marvel.hollywoodreporter.com
Danvers powers include flight, super strength, and the ability to shoot energy bursts from her hands.theverge.com
8. Riding On The Success Of Guardians Of The Galaxy (Who Were Relatively Unknown Prior To Its Big Screen Debut), Marvel Has Announced An Inhumans Movie Slated For A November 2018 Release
Described as “the most uncanny heroes of all”, the heroes were created when the alien Kree (Ronan The Accuser’s race from Guardians) discovered that sentient life on nearby Earth had genetic potential invested in it by the alien Celestials. Intrigued, the Kree began to experiment on Earth's then-primitive homo sapiens by splicing Eternals DNA into Cro-Magnons. The result was a team that has, as is standard for Marvel, a shifting line-up, but once included characters such as Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus the Mad, and the canine Lockjaw. While they were forged as an army, they rejected those plans and decided their own fate.empireonline.com
9. And Now, For The Biggest Bombshell Of All: The Avengers Will Return For An Epic Showdown Against Thanos In Two Parts, To Be Released In May 2018 And 2019
The Avengers will be back (with whatever line-up the team has following the fallout of Age Of Ultron and Phase Three’s various cataclysms) for a two-part tale called Avengers: Infinity War, due in May 2018 and May 2019. As the title suggests, it’s what the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been building to, with Infinity Stones such as the Tesseract (from the first Captain America and Avengers films), the Aether (Thor: The Dark World) and the Orb (Guardians) among the items Thanos (voiced by Josh Brolin in Guardians) is looking to collect to use with the Infinity Gauntlet, which will make him so powerful it’ll need the Avengers and two films to deal with.empireonline.com
Yeah, We Know. Four Years Is A Long Time To Wait. In The Meantime, Feast Your Eyes On The Teaser Trailer HERE:
10. The Bad News Is, We Might Not Be Getting Any Hulk Or Black Widow Films In The Near Future, But There Are Big Plans In Place For Both Characters In The Avengers Franchise
Just because three established Avengers didn't get their own standalone movies doesn't mean that they won't have big roles to play in the films that were announced. Feige gave his canned answer that what will happen in the future will happen, but did promise disappointed fans that the characters - particularly the Hulk - are "going to appear in many of the movies [announced]."zap2it.com
“Black Widow couldn’t be more important as an Avenger, but, like Hulk, the Avengers films will be the films where they play a primary role,” said Feige. “Her part in Avengers: Age Of Ultron is very, very big and further develops her character. The plans we have for her through the rest of the Avengers saga are very big and she is a linchpin, in fact, to those films. So instead of taking her out there or doing a prequel which we haven’t done yet, we’re continuing the forward momentum of the continuity of the Cinematic Universe, of which Widow is a key part.”empireonline.com
So, There You Go. Marvel Has Mapped Out The Next Five Years Of Your Life And We Can't Wait To See What They Have In Store!