Someone In Malaysia Watched 'Kung Fu Panda 2' 137 Times On Netflix This Year
Looks like someone in Malaysia really loves 'Kung Fu Panda 2'. According to Netflix's yearly review, a member in Malaysia watched the movie 137 times in 2017. That's about once every two or three days!
The best part is... that's not even the craziest figure from the global figures.
The record for most watched and re-watched movie on Netflix goes to an American who streamed 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' 365 times in the past year! Meanwhile, a Canadian watched 'Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' 361 times in 2017, while a member in the UK streamed 'Bee Movie' 357 times.
In addition to what we watched in 2017, the popular streaming service's 'Year In Review' also revealed some truly bizarre stats on how Malaysians watched Netflix in the past year:
1. The most popular day for binge-watching in Malaysia was 4 September
Now we know what you guys were doing on the additional public holiday PM Najib declared after Malaysia clinched the top spot at the 2017 SEA Games!
2. Malaysians also proved to be champion Binge-Racers, coming up tops with the highest percentage of members in Asia who sped through an entire season within 24 hours of its release
In fact, 'Stranger Things' was the most Binge-Raced show in Malaysia this year. Pat yourselves on the back if you finished Season 2 in a day!
3. Original Korean TV series 'My Only Love Song' was the 'Most Devoured Show' (watched more than two hours per day) in Malaysia, followed by mystery drama 'The OA' and 'Marvel's Iron Fist'
Full list of Top 10 Shows Malaysians Devoured in 2017:
1. My Only Love Song
2. The OA
3. Marvel's Iron Fist
4. The Mist
10. American Vandal
4. True to our love and appreciation for food, Malaysians took their time to savour cuisine-based shows like 'Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories' and 'Samurai Gourmet'
Full list of Top 10 Shows Malaysians Savoured (watched less than two hours per day) in 2017:
1. Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories
2. Samurai Gourmet
3. Big Mouth
4. Neo Yokio
5. The Crown
6. The Sound of Your Heart
7. One Day At a Time
9. The Confession Tapes
5. Shows like '13 Reasons Why', 'Orange is the New Black', and 'Black Mirror' are just so gripping that Malaysians can't help but to watch ahead of their significant others. Sorry, babe - Pablo awaits.
6. On the other hand, some shows - especially nostalgia-fuelled ones like 'Stranger Things' and 'Star Trek Discovery' - are just better when enjoyed with your loved ones
Full list of Top 10 Shows That Brought Malaysians Together in 2017:
1. Stranger Things
2. 13 Reasons Why
3. Star Trek Discovery
4. A Series of Unfortunate Events
6. Chef's Table
7. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
8. Fuller House
9. Anne with an E
10. The Good Place
Which Netflix show did you binge-race through this year? Let us know why you liked it in the comments section below!
Running out of stuff to watch on Netflix? Check out this list of shows that you can finish binge-watching in one weekend (or one day):