Inarguably one of K-pop's biggest awards shows, this year's Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) has once again pulled off an entertaining and mind-blowing show in celebration of some of K-pop's most talented artists
Often deemed the K-pop equivalent of the MTV Music Awards, MAMA 2014 was held for the third time in Hong Kong on 3 December 2014 to commemorate the best achievements by K-pop artists over the past year.
Some of the biggest names in K-pop - including K-pop legend Seo Taiji, IU, EXO and Big Bang's Taeyang and G-Dragon - were in attendance as well as international R&B singer John Legend and HK pop legend Andy Lau.
Aside from finding out which K-pop idols reigned supreme, fans were also treated to a string of impressive showcases from some of Korea's biggest stars. Here are some of our favourite performances from the night:
1. One of the biggest winners of the night, EXO put up a strong front following a year filled with setbacks with a visually mind-blowing performance, aptly called "The New Age of EXO"
EXO picked up four major awards from MAMA including Best Asian Style, Best Male Group, Artist Of The Year as well as Album of the Year for their latest album, "Overdose".
2. Big Bang's G-Dragon and a shirtless Taeyang wowed the crowd with their nimble dance moves and energetic performance of the duo's duet single "Good Boy" and Big Bang's "Fantastic Baby"
Taeyang was declared Best Male Artist in MAMA 2014, as well as coming out top in the Best Male Vocal Performance and Song of the Year categories for "Eyes, Nose, Lips".
3. American R&B star John Legend also attended the awards show, collaborating with Girls' Generation's Tiffany and EXO's Chen for a performance of his hit song, "Green Light"
Legend also picked up the award for 'International Favourite Artist', saying that it's a "huge honour" for him to be at the MAMA .
"It's such a huge honor to be here at the Mnet Asian Music Awards," the R&B star told the crowd. "This is my first time here at these awards and I'm so honored to be awarded this special award as an international artist. For me, I come from a small town in Ohio and I always dreamed I would be able to make music for a living, but I never dreamed that it would take me so many places. I'm so happy to have fans in Asia that really love my music. Thank you to each of you, thank you for supporting this music."
The singer went on to perform 'All Of Me', much to the crowd's obvious delight. Watch the full performance set HERE:
4. K-pop veteran Seo Taiji, who has been instrumental in shaping the Korean music scene, proved that he still has what it takes as he made an stellar comeback to the stage with some of his biggest hits
Seo Taiji performed “Sogyeokdong” with female vocalist IU and “Christmalo.win”, as well as the Seo Taiji and Boys hit “Come Back Home” which featured Vasco along with Block B’s Zico with its original combination of rock and hip-hop.kpopstarz.com
5. An inventive addition to the awards show's performance line-up, Block B and BTS challenged each other to a rap and dance battle which highlighted their talents beyond what fans were used to from both groups
6. Hip-hop star Epik High of the infamous YG Family made fans proud with this killer performance of 'Born Hater', featuring fellow YG colleagues Mino, B.I and Bobby
7. Bringing #GirlPower to the next level, Girl's Day and Ailee came together to cover Ariana Grande's hit song "Problem" with spectacular results, judging from the crowd's screams
Full list of winners:
2014 MAMA Best Asian Style: EXO
Best New Artist: Winner
Best Male Artist: Taeyang
Best Female Artist: IU
Best Male Group: EXO
Best Female Group: SISTAR
Best Dance Performance Male Group: Infinite, "Last Romeo"
KanS Best Dance Performance Female Group: Girl's Day, "Something"
Best Dance Performance Solo: Sunmi, "Full Moon"
Best Vocal Performance Male: Taeyang, "Eyes, Nose, Lips"
Best Vocal Performance Female: Ailee, "Singing Got Better"
Best Band Performance: CNBLUE, "Can't Stop"
Best Rap Performance: Epik High, "Happen Ending"
Best Collaboration: Soyou & Junggigo, "Some"
Youku Tudou Best Music Video: 2PM, "Go Crazy!" (Directed by Hong Won Ki)
Best OST: Lyn, "My Destiny" ('You Who Came From the Stars' Soundtrack)
UnionPay Song of the Year: Taeyang, "Eyes, Nose, Lips"
UnionPay Album of the Year: EXO, Overdose
International Favorite Artist: John Legend
Favorite Music in China: Chopstick Brothers, "Little Apple"
Style in Music: Jung Joon Young
K-POP Fans' Choice Male: Infinite
K-POP Fans' Choice Female: Girls' Generation-TTS
The Most Popular Vocalist: IU
UnionPay Artist of the Year in Asia: EXO
Asian Artist of the Year in Japan: Ieiri Leo
Asian Artist of the Year in Singapore: JJ Lin
Asian Artist of the Year in Vietnam: Ho Quynh Huong Asian
Artist of the Year in Indonesia: Raisa Asian
Artist of the Year in Thailand: Thaitanium
The Mnet Asian Music Awards seem to get bigger and better as the years go by. Check out photos from last year's star-studded event on SAYS: