15 Moments From Mike Shinoda Of Linkin Park's Solo Concert That Hit Us Right In The Feels
The Linkin Park rapper/vocalist wrapped up the Asian leg of his Post Traumatic Tour in Singapore last week.
How does one put into words the overwhelming storm of emotions one would feel after the death of a beloved friend and bandmate?
For Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, catharsis came in the form of penning down his thoughts and reflecting on everything else that's going on in his head in songs that weren't even supposed to see the light of day in the first place.
Then, to fans' surprise (yours truly included), the rapper/vocalist released a three-song EP called Post Traumatic in tribute of the late Chester Bennington. Three songs became a full-length album of 16 tracks, and Shinoda has since embarked on a world tour to share his emotional gift to Linkin Park fans across the globe.
As a lifelong fan of Linkin Park, I'm glad to say that I was fortunate enough to have caught Mike live at the last Asian leg of his Post Traumatic Tour in Singapore
I may be a little too old to squeeze my way to the front of the stage, but there's nothing quite like standing alongside your fellow fans and belting your hearts out to the man standing onstage.
1. When the concert started at 7.59PM with Mike jumping straight into a Fort Minor throwback with the crowd-pumping Petrified
2. When Mike honoured Singapore's congregation of fans by playing one of my faves from his new album (Hold It Together) live for the very first time onstage
Everybody now - "I'M JUST TRYING TO HOLD MY SH*T TOGETHER!" #adulting
3. When he got everyone to pipe down simply by gesturing during the gang vocals of When They Come For Me
5. When everyone basically sang all of Chester's parts in Waiting For the End and it was just so beautiful. :')
7. When he crouched down at the front of the stage to tell us how much he values the special connection Linkin Park has with us (the fans)
"People who don’t follow the band intimately, they don’t know what a special connection the band has with the community, with you guys. And you have really helped me get to the point when I can stand up on the stage and feel good, so thank you.
I wouldn’t be able to do this if it wasn’t for you guys, so thank you guys. I don’t mean the part about having a show, and like, having fans, I don’t mean that. I mean the part about feeling like in my head, like it’s an okay idea to get up on the stage in front of anybody and doing. That’s the part that’s harder. That’s the part that you guys have helped me out with."
8. When Mike asked fans to sing Chester's parts in In The End... and we did it with every fibre of our vocal cords
10. A bit of lesser known trivia - John Legend of All of Me fame was once featured in a Fort Minor song (High Road) and Mike debuted it live for the first time in Singapore so. :D
11. The little bops Mike made when he started rapping the opening verse to Good Goodbye. Ugh, so cute.
12. "Play major but Minor's my main Fort" is one of my favourite lyrics every written so I would like all of you to check out this little ditty called IOU kthx
14. Then came the last song of the night a.k.a. this absolute banger called Running From My Shadow...
15. ... In which Mike threw all caution to the wind and climbed onto the barricades. Cue everyone trying to get a piece of Mike!
BONUS: When these diehard fans stayed behind to sing Linkin Park songs even after security chased us out. :p
Thank you for an amazing, nostalgia-filled night, Mike!
Several major artists may have given Malaysia a miss this year (*sigh*), but fret not - Charlie Puth and Kevin Hart are set to make their live debuts here soon:
Read more Entertainment news on SAYS: