1. Walking home with them
2. Waiting for their clingy best friends to leave so that you get a chance to approach them
Their best friends always got in our way!
3. What is flirting? The only flirting skill we have is to tease them.
Teasing them whenever we had the chance was a must.
4. Stepping on their shoes is definitely one of our antics
5. Leaving gifts under their desks
It can be as simple as their favourite snacks.
6. Changing seats to share a textbook with them when they forget to bring theirs
7. Calling them to ask about homework
This was a convenient excuse — and it worked every time. ;)
8. Being known among cliques as 'close friends' but always embarrassed to admit anything more than that
The rumours: "Why are they so close one? They are surely dating."
Us: "I wish the rumours were true. ;'("
9. Adding their number into one of the five numbers in your 'Friends And Family' plan
Digi and Hotlink used to have 'Friends And Family' plans. We added their numbers into the plan so that we could enjoy a cheaper SMS rate every time we texted them.
10. Joining the same club as them
We'd do anything to get closer to them.
11. Playing the same online game just to spend more time with them
MapleStory, O2Jam, Ragnarok Online... You name it.
12. February is all about Valentine's Day
Everybody was nervous as Valentine's Day got closer.
We got six years to try in primary school and another five years in secondary school. Somehow, many of us did nothing every year.
14. Pulling at least one 'chewing gum grasshopper' prank on them
Or the chewing gum prank toy that electrocutes anyone who touches the wrapping of the gum. They were the best!
15. Getting very happy when you finally get the chance to write in their biodata book
Our heart was filled with endless joy when we saw them name us as their 'best friend'.
16. Challenging them to an arm-wrestling match because you get the chance to hold their hands
It was a cheap trick, but we are sure you did it too!
18. Studying hard because you don't want to be left too far behind
It was also because you could enroll in the same stream with them in Form 4.
21. Getting overly excited when you are invited to their houses — even though it is in a group
Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali, and other festivities were the best chance to visit their houses.
23. Walking to the science lab or Kemahiran Hidup class together
25. Always looking for them during perhimpunan to see whether they came to school or not
26. Wanting to be in the same assignment group with them
Random group assignments in Pendidikan Moral, Pendidikan Seni, and Kemahiran Hidup classes were the best!
28. Listening to the songs by their favourite artistes
Getting into their taste was one of many ways to get into their hearts.
29. Love to see them in different school outfits
Be it baju Pendidikan Jasmani (PJ), club uniform, or switching from pinafore to baju kurung uniform... any change was welcome.
As for the girls, we loved it when boys changed into their Taekwondo, basketball, football, or other sports attire.
30. Asking the whole class out but actually we only wanted to spend some alone time with them
Usual hangout spots for many of us living in a city were McDonald's or nearby shopping malls.
31. Never forgetting the day we first touched their hands when they borrowed or returned our stationery or books
Unexpected skinship in the school could make our day!
32. Convincing parents to enroll us into the tuition class they are in so that we can spend more time with them
We were on cloud nine whenever we got to sit close to them in tuition classes.
33. Missing them a lot during the year-end school holiday
Then, repeat the whole cycle from #1 to #33 next year.