'Big Aunty' And 11 Other Names Malaysian Girls Have For Their Periods
Remember when we first got our period and we weren't sure if we could say the word out loud?
And trust us, we can get super creative with describing this monthly sabotage on our uterus without letting people know that we're bleeding a lot down there.
1. The dai yi ma (Cantonese for big aunty), who's more garang than all your aunties combined
2. Aunt Flo, who likes to show up uninvited
3. Datang bulan, which usually *datang*s full force
4. Cuti, but not the nice kind of cuti :(
5. The Niagara Falls... of blood
6. Bleeding Love, because you just keep bleeding
I keep bleeding, I keep, keep bleeding...
7. ABC, which stands for "Allah Bagi Cuti"
8. TOTM, the Time Of The Month
9. Bendera merah, because it's a big red problem
10. Jepun... have you seen their flag?
11. Ji mui (Cantonese for sister), but the annoying kind of ji mui
12. AV, which stands for "Aunty Visiting"
This name was made popular by the Hong Kong film 'Summer Movie', which was shot in Pulau Redang starring Sammi Cheng and Richie Jen.
Being on your period isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, so Laurier wants to make it easier for you
The first two days are the worst, and Laurier understands that. To help you have a stress-free week, they're introducing their new and improved Diamond Surface with Skin Stress-Free Technology pads, which promises 2x faster absorption and is 5x drier for a more comfortable experience.
Find out more about Laurier here