If you grew up in Malaysia, you confirm have lots of fond memories of getting ice cream from the ice cream man!
Whether it was outside school, at the padang, or as he drove down our streets, seeing the uncle made us soooo happy 'cause it meant ICE CREAM TIMEEEE!
Now that we're all grown up, we can get ice cream whenever we want. We can even get it delivered!
1. Getting super excited when you hear the familiar jingle and RUNNINGGGGG to your gate to wait for him to pass by
Hearing 'Paddle Popppp, wow! Paddle Poppppp, yeah! Super duper yummy!' was our cue to go, go, go!
2. And if you terlepas him, you'll be emo for the rest of the day :(
Come back uncle, come baccccckkkk!
Lucky nowadays, we can order ice cream whenever we want and have it delivered straight to us, hehe ;) Order through phone, online, anything oso can. All our cravings can instantly be satisfied, yaaas!
3. Every ice cream man had their own combination of flavours, creating that iconic pretty, colourful scoop we loved so much
Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, jagung, which was your fave? :D
4. Some of us would get a mix of all flavours, while others always request for one specific flavour oni, hehe. Which one were you?
5. Debating whether to spend RM0.50 sen on one scoop or RM1 on a double scoop was the greatest dilemma of all time
6. Or if you're feeling particularly baller, you get the RM1.50 triple scoop or roti ais krim YAAAASSS <3
7. And if you're REALLY REALLY baller, you get something that comes in a packet fuyoohhhh!
Paddle Pop Rainbow was totally the best one okay, FIGHT ME!
Okay lah, the other Paddle Pop flavours were awesome too, like the Melon one. Magnum and Cornetto also quite onz. Omg omg and the Wall's Solero Lime! Aiyo, everything also nice lah!
8. Are y'all Team Sprinkles or Team Plain? We're Team Sprinkles all da waaaayyy!
9. When he drives through the padang, everyone drops what they're doing and runs over
Some of us had to BEGGGG our parents to let us buy ice cream. Please, mummy/daddy? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEAAAASEEEEE! cue puppy dog eyes
10. Ain't no one more popular than the ice cream man outside school. Always got crowd around him one.
Ice cream from the ice cream man > any after school snack!
11. Anyone else ever skip eating during rehat just so you can buy ice cream after school instead? Not just us, right?
Ahhh so nostalgic! Did walking down memory lane trigger some intense ice cream cravings? Get the #MyWallsHappinessBox now and have it delivered straight to your doorstep!
Back when we were kids, we had to run after the ice cream man to get our ice cream fix.
But now, thanks to on-demand services like GrabFood and foodpanda, as well as e-commerce platforms like Lazada and Shopee, we can fulfil our ice cream cravings whenever and wherever we want awwww yeaaah!
Plus, ordering ice cream from home means that we can adhere to physical distancing SOPs too.
Here's what you'll get in the #MyWallsHappinessBox:
- 2x Magnum Classic
- 2x Magnum Almond
- 1x Asian Delight Coconut Black Sticky Rice
- 1x Asian Delight Sweet Potato
- 1x Asian Delight Sea Coconut
- 2x Solero Split Lime
- 5x Tealive Bobalicious
And don't forget to join the #MyWallsHappinessBox contest 'cause Wall's has collaborated with Fujifilm Malaysia to bring you some cool prizes!
Contest period: 12 October 2020 - 12 November 2020
How to join:
1. Buy the Wall's Happiness Bundle from any participating online platform (GrabFood, foodpanda, Lazada, and Shopee)
2. Scan the QR code to launch exclusive Wall's Instagram filter
3. Upload a picture of yourself using the Wall's filter on Instagram. Include #MyWallsHappinessBox and #WallsInstaxClub. Make sure your post is set to public.
It's that easy!
Here's what you could win:
Scan the QR code above to play around with the super cute Wall's Instagram filter!
The contest will be running from 12 October 2020 to 12 November 2020, so don't miss out and join now!
Check out more of our latest #fun stories: