If You Could Try Only ONE Of These Bizarre KFC Inventions, Which Would It Be?
When it comes to offbeat items on the menu, KFC's really got it down to an art
Here in Malaysia, we've got a fair share of exotic creations to flock to
But if you were living across the globe, just what kinda crazy creations would end up on your tray?
1. Deep-fried corn soup. RIP law of physics.
2. Eggs benedict with a fast-food spin
Wait, what now? Breakfast muffins topped with ham, egg, and Hollandaise sauce
Where in the world? KFC Guatemala
Guatemalans have no need to head to a hipster cafe to get their eggs benedict fix.
3. The Chizza, a creation of heroic proportions
4. The Paneer Zinger, tempting even if you're a complete carnivore
5. Cups you can eat as a post-coffee snack
6. Spicy chicken with tamarind rice, because why not?
Wait, what now? A full-on rice and chicken dish
Where in the world? KFC Thailand
That looks like a legit Thai dish right there!
7. Them flaky-topped Zinger Pies
8. A tub of happiness-inducing poutine
Wait, what now? French fries with piping hot cheese curds, smothered in gravy
Where in the world? KFC Canada (also on the secret menu at some outlets in the US)
Canadians can attest to the fact that poutine is one of mankind’s greatest creations. Good things happen when fries drown in cheese and gravy.purpleclover.com
9. The Japanese-inspired California Maki Twister
Wait, what now? A wrap based on that handroll everyone orders on sushi night
Where in the world? KFC Philippines
The California Maki Twister is made up of a crispy-fried chicken fillet with bits of mango, cucumber spears, and Japanese mayo dressing, wrapped in a tortilla. The distinct hint of wasabi gives it that satisfying kick.reviewstream.com
That mayo though.
10. The totally next-level Ugali Nuggets
Wait, what now? Essentially, cornmeal porridge nuggets
Where in the world? KFC Kenya
Ugali, a Kenyan staple is a porridge-like dish usually made from cornmeal. These bite-sized balls are covered in breadcrumb and fried to perfection.
11. The Double Down, and its many, many incarnations
Wait, what now? Burgers that do away with buns, opting for chicken breasts instead
Where in the world? Various locations, including Malaysia - remember the Double Down Maxx?
Who hasn't heard of the iconic Double Down? This "sandwich" is made up of bacon, two different kinds of melted cheese, the Colonel’s secret sauce and, instead of bread, they are all stuffed in between two pieces of Original Recipe chicken fillets.dailytitan.com
And that's how the Double Down rolls.
12. Double Down Dog, Double Down's even hipper younger brother
Wait, what now? A hot dog held together by a piece of deep-fried chicken fillet
Where in the world? KFC Philippines
Here is Philippines’ answer to the Double Down. The Double Down Dog features a hot dog covered in mayo and cheese, wrapped with a piece of crispy fried chicken patty.foodbeast.com
Because hot dog buns are too mainstream.
13. Sweet, creamy egg tarts done the Portuguese way
Wait, what now? Egg tarts
Where in the world? KFC China,Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore
KFC Egg Tarts follow the classic Portuguese baked recipe that Macau made famous, with the signature caramelized sugar coating on top of the creamy and smooth egg custard in crispy fluffy pastry.cnn.com
14. The Italian-inspired Parmy Stacker
15. The pizza-chicken hybrid: Napoli Crispy Pizza Chicken
16. Dipping fries, perfect for loading up on all that sauce
Wait, what now? Fries with the centre hollowed out
Where in the world? KFC Romania
If you consider fries as mere vessels for sauce consumption, KFC Romania's cutting-edge creation will have you jumping for joy. The hollowed-out centre of the fries creates a paramount cradle for transporting dipping sauces from hand to mouth.huffingtonpost.com
17. Chicken onigiri, KFC-style
18. The feisty, fiery Dragon Twister
19. Shrimp doughnuts, the unholy take on a holey dessert
20. Chicken Rice Meals to curb those carbs cravings
Wait, what now? Arabic rice
Where in the world? KFC Arabia
The rice meals come in two choices, crispy strips rice meal and chicken rice meal, topped with either Arrabiata or chili pepper sauce.khaleejtimes.com
Premium Basmati rice + fried chicken = perfection!
21. The Potato Krisper, because who can say no to potatoes?
Wait, what now? Potato burger
Where in the world? KFC India
Another fun vegetarian option: crunchy potato patty topped with a tangy sauce!
22. The Instagram-ready Taro Balls Floral Ice Cream
Wait, what now? Ice cream sundae topped with taro balls
Where in the world? KFC China
Who could resist springy taro balls on a bed of sweet, cold ice-cream?
23. The one and only KFC Chicken Corsage
What time is it? Time for a trip!