22 Memes You Will Surely Relate To If You’re A Wine Person
"Just one glass" is the biggest lie you tell yourself.
1. The only times you ever drink wine are...
2. Going to the supermarket is like going to meet a bunch of good friends
3. You take this particular medical advise VERY. SERIOUSLY.
4. This is your biggest fear of all time
5. Your response is: "Okay, sure! Where do I sign up?"
6. You feel like nothing can bring you down when this happens
7. You really really wish that you'll be on the receiving end of this one day
8. You totally judge people who drink inferior wine
9. You don't need a man to make you feel good...
10. ...but any man who does this will win you over instantly
11. And in a world filled with disappointing Tinder dates, there's only one you can always count on
12. Can someone make this a reality right now please?!
13. This is your favourite poem of all time
14. Nothing is ever a good enough reason to risk your glass of wine. Nothing.
15. This is your idea of a #ThrowbackThursday
16. All of your dreams came true when some kind soul invented this
17. These are the only emojis you'll ever need
18. You're not the slightest bit sporty but...
19. The struggle is real :'(
20. Your emergency signal looks a little something like this
21. Your favourite time of the month is when you get to do this
22. Your life will forever and always revolve around this motto
Only someone like you would truly appreciate the new Double Barrel series by Jacob's Creek
The iconic Australian wine brand Jacob's Creek is probably already one of your favourites but this new series is taking their wine to the next level. Coming as a pair, the Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon reds have been finished in aged whiskey barrels to add another layer of complexity and texture to traditionally barreled wines.
Here's what makes each of them unique:
The Double Barrel Shiraz has a full body and a generous palate which integrates a mix of sweet red fruits and dark chocolate. While subtle toasty vanilla flavours are derived from the aging process in traditional French and American oak wine barrels. Finally, the careful use of aged Scotch whisky barrels for finishing has added complex nuances of almond-husks and also softened the dense tannins to yield an incredible smoothness.
The Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon on the other hand offers a complex palate yet reveals itself with style. Traditionally assertive tannins are evident at first, before giving way to a mid palate filled with ripe cassis, olive tapenade and complex briary hints. Fine, dusty tannins give excellent line and length to the beverage, and are layered with sweet and toasty characters reminiscent of crýme brýlýe. The unique Double Barrel technique of finishing in aged Irish whiskey barrels has integrated the myriad of flavours and brought extra richness to the palate.
The Jacob's Creek Double Barrel series is now available in major retail outlets so make sure to pick yourself up a bottle or two ;)