10 Other Significant Things Facebook Could Have Bought With $19B Instead Of WhatsApp
Since $19 billion is a sum most of us can hardly comprehend, the Internet at large came up with a list of other things Mark Zuckerberg and his team could have purchased instead of WhatsApp.
Facebook's acquisition of the hugely popular messaging service WhatsApp for $19 billion is one of the largest tech deals in history. It dwarfs Facebook's acquisition of Instagram for $1 billion in 2012. You can read about Facebook's latest acquisition here:
Since $19 billion is a sum most of us can hardly comprehend (and because it's fun to imagine), the Internet at large came up with a list of other things Mark Zuckerberg and his team could have purchased for $19 billion
1. Four World Trade Centers worth $16B
2. The UN's aid budget for a year worth $13B
3. 12.6 billion hot dogs
5. A loan deal with Ukraine worth $15B
6. A whopping number of 678 nuclear bombs
7. Four aircraft carriers worth $18B
8. Relief for the Philippines worth $6B
9. Clean water and sanitation for the entire planet costing $10B
10. Fund National Cancer Institute for 4 years
Can you think of any other thing that Facebook could have bought instead of WhatsApp? Write to us at [email protected] and we will publish your entries here.