15 Behind-The-Scenes Things Your Dad Goes Through That Totally Deserve More Credit
1. When mum is not around and you just WON'T. STOP. CRYING.
He's left dumbfounded and doing everything he can to make you stop crying but his attempts are futile because you only want mummy, not daddy. T_T
2. When he's the only one in the house without a mood swing
The best strategy is to not say anything, just nod and agree to everything.
3. How he has to make a U-turn because you forgot your chou chou
If he didn't go back to get it, he'll never hear the end of your tantrums and deafening cries.
4. Dad has to awkwardly sit through emotional tv shows/movies and the crying that comes with it
It's the worst when he's the only male in the family. He wants to watch a football match, but everyone else wants to watch Korean drama.
5. When grocery shopping, he has to carry either everything or the heaviest load
6. But the worst is when he has to carry mum's handbag
7. He's the handyman of the house and that means having to assemble all the DIY furnitures
When someone in the family is happily buying DIY furniture cause it's cheaper, dad is crying on the inside cause he has to do all the work.
8. "Car got problem? Call dad lah."
"Dad, my car broke down and I'm stuck in the highway. What do I do ah?" He's also the first person you call when you're in the workshop and the mechanic is telling you 101 things you have no clue about.
9. Basically anything that breaks, just go to dad
"It doesn't work? It's okay, just give it to dad la. He'll fix it."
10. He gets compared to your friends' dads, who are always cooler, more bad*ss, or more macho
It's like he has no say when you and your friends play the "My dad is better than your dad!" game.
11. Being completely dumbfounded when he has to buy female toiletries
Wings? No wings? Night or day?
12. When you want to buy something, you get permission from mum but dad is the one who pays
14. Having to make the important decisions that pleases everyone
The pressure is on when everyone is in disgreement and dad has to make the final decision.
15. When you turn out well, mum gets praised for raising such a good son/daughter. But what about dad?
It's okay, dads. Don't think for a second we've forgotten all of your sacrifices. We love you, dads!