16 Things Malaysians Miss About Food Back Home When They Travel Overseas
Sure, trying out new dishes when you travel is always a fun part of your itinerary. But there's only so much cheeseburger and avocado toast you can take before the rice and sambal withdrawal symptoms start kicking in...
Because let's face it - nothing beats our food back home! Which is why we can't help but miss these things when we travel:
3. Having unlimited choices of lauk to go with your rice
4. Starting the day with some authentic nasi lemak tepi jalan
5. Having spicy food that's actually pedas
6. How you can always get that specific kind of sambal to go with your dish
7. Always having chili sauce available to cicah your food in
8. Having too many kuih options at the pasar malam to choose from
9. How there's just SO MUCH FLAVOUR in everything!
We don't need "hints" of this and "subtle notes" of that. We need in-your-face flavours!
10. All the heavenly scents
Give us all the durian, petai, and belacan!
12. Not having to pay for extra sauce
13. Not having to pay so much for just a burger
14. Basically, not having to pay so much for food in general
15. You don't have to figure out tipping
16. And the best part: Having all your favourite foods available at all hours of the day!
What else do you miss about the food back home when you're travelling? Let us know in the comments below!