We All Have That One Friend Who Does At Least 70% Of These Thrifty Things...
1. Tapao sauce packets from restaurants or fast food outlets
Squeeze them all into sauce bottles and you won't even know the difference.
2. Browse through magazines in the stands or bookstores instead of purchasing them
3. Will order water from the restaurant only if it's free...
4. ...but will gladly drink from your bottomless drink
It didn't cost you anything extra anyway.
5. And when it comes to splitting the bill, it must be down to the cents
If you owe them RM19.55, you can't pay them RM19.50 but it's totally acceptable to give them RM20 and not ask for change back.
6. Fix everything themselves with the help of online tutorials
Why hire a handyman when they can be their own handyman.
7. Master the art of DIY with minimal costs
They will show you a whole new world of turning unwanted junk into absolute gems.
8. Eat so much at a buffet that it actually scares you
It makes you wonder if they'll actually explode from all the food.
9. Attend events or company functions only for one thing. The free food.
10. Re-use the same teabag until the tea looks and tastes like hot water only
11. Be their own barber or 'hairstylist'
From cutting to dyeing to bleaching, they can do it all!
12. Their jar of sauces/condiments/peanut butter are scraped till squeaky clean
If you didn't know any better, you would have thought it was a clean jar.
13. Adding water into their shampoo, body wash and dish soap to make them last longer
14. Sign up for all kinds of things just for the free samples
15. Keep every single tub, jar and bottle so they don't have to buy containers
Hey, it's good for the Earth!
16. Return from vacations with newfound experiences... and also a stockpile of tea, coffee, sugar and creamer from hotels
Feel free to choose from chamomile, to jasmine, earl grey and also sorts of varie-tea.
17. And enough supply of hotel toiletries to last a year
18. They are never the one to volunteer to drive when carpooling
Because we all know the phrase "We'll split the price for petrol" is just a myth.
19. And when they do drive, their air-cond is always at the lowest setting to save fuel
And when they roll down the window, you know what's coming. They're turning off the air-cond.
Perhaps the Toyota Vios is perfect for your thrifty friends out there