12 Most Savage Memes And Responses To United Airlines’ Passenger Fiasco
The meme masters of the Internet have claimed another victim and this time, it’s none other than the disgraced airline United Airlines
1. Using the Twitter hashtag #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos, people have been ridiculing the airline, whose actual motto is "Fly the Friendly Skies"
2. Southwest Airline - a direct competitor of United Airlines - came up with a new slogan
5. Even an old meme got dragged back into the drama
6. “The Worst PR award goes to Pepsi! Sorry, no, there’s been a mistake. United Airlines, you guys won.”
Context: Pepsi was heavily scrutinised recently after it aired a controversial advertisement that borrowed imagery from the Black Lives Matter movement.
7. CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement that he was sorry that the airline had to "re-accommodate" the passenger. But his words seem to only fuel the Internet's fire.
8. Merriam-Webster also took it upon themselves to define what the word "volunteer" actually means
10. Apparently the new head of customer service is Negan, the leather-clad villain from 'The Walking Dead'
"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe..."
11. May the odds be ever in your favour, passengers of United Airlines
12. Last but not least, Jimmy Kimmel's brilliant parody ad:
"If we say you fly, you fly. If not, tough s***."