28 July would've been like any other Tuesday in Malaysia if not for the sudden news that the cabinet would be reshuffled in the afternoon
The rumours turned out to be true, as Muhyiddin Yassin, the Deputy Prime Minister was replaced by Zahid Hamidi, the Home Minister
As expected, the news fired hot conversation on social media. Creative reactions did not disappoint...
1. One summarised the whole incident through this easy to understand WhatsApp analogy
2. While some felt sorry that our former Deputy Prime Minister got friendzoned by his bro
3. In other news...
4. Matluthfi90, a popular YouTuber made this rather funny word play joke
Apakah surah yang akan dibacakan Najib kepada Muhyiddin? Yassin— Matluthfi90 (@Matluthfi90) July 28, 2015
5. To some the hashtag #CabinetReshuffle literally means a cabinet reshuffle
Sebenarnya, Rosmah mintak Najib tukar kabinet rumah, tapi macam biasalah bangang Najib. Dia pergi tukar menteri kabinet terus.— secebis San (@sanc0re) July 28, 2015
6. This Twitter user and his very punny joke
Muhyiddin dah Muhyiddout— Ahmad Haryth (@harythilmy) July 28, 2015
8. Najwa Mahiaddin, the daughter of Muhiyiddin Yassin tweeted a simple "Allah knows best"
9. Zahid Hamidi's mood was likened to that of a happy killer whale
10. This video clip by former Transport Minister Samy Vellu sums up this Twitter user's feelings perfectly
11. For law students, expect this to be asked in your constitutional law classes
12. You be the Minister of Finance, you be the Minister of Transport, and you be the Minister of Sports!
13. On a more serious note, it was a wakeup call to young Malaysians for an increase of knowledge on the nation's political climate
I rarely involved in politics , but today's event is definitely very crucial to all Malaysians . #CabinetReshuffle— ◢◤ Fazwin Zhafirah ♕ (@FazwinCapital) July 28, 2015
what going on with malaysia government . #CabinetReshuffle— SEARCHING (@Liya_AliaNabila) July 28, 2015
Malaysians are good at having a good sense of humour & cracking funny jokes. But seriously what are we gonna do now? #CabinetReshuffle— Diaنcé™ (@diandujour) July 28, 2015