15 Typical Things That Kiasu Malaysian Parents Do
Cover image via giphy.com
1. Sending their children to all the tuition classes...
2. ...but don't stop just there. Music and art lessons as well. Confirm got piano class!
"It's okay, you can stop after Grade 8."
3. Submit a different home address just so their children get into a better school
4. Bragging about their children's accomplishment to other people behind their kid's back... #mukatebal
5. ...but compare them with others right in front of the kid. WTF parents logic!
6. Must attend all the PIBG meetings! Better yet, become a committee member!
7. Meddling with the kids' co-curricular activities. Need help with Sports Day?
8. Know all their kids' friends. Even have their phone numbers and addresses!
9. Exam time coming soon? Buy all the 'buku latihan' and mock test papers!
10. Also must stock up on chicken essence for their children to drink before exam
11. "Wah, get 99%! What happened to the 1%? Got wings fly away ah?"
12. Won't allow the kid to eat before buffet because must "save space" for the food
13. During buffet, must be the first to grab all the food
"Getting food for the whole family mah. Later not enough and finish already, how?"