5 Inspiring Things We Learned From Claire Khoo's Breast Cancer Story
Claire Khoo is a 33-year-old Malaysian woman, who was diagnosed with Stage 3 Triple Negative Breast Cancer in August 2013. Breast cancer cases are rising. Based on statistics, 1 in 19 Malaysian women will get breast cancer. She blogged about her breast cancer journey and we decided to dig up 5 most inspiring lessons from her life.
1. That life is completely unpredictable. Uncertain things will happen. Claire says:
2. That no matter what happens, never stop having fun. Plan a trip, go on a holiday. As Claire says:
Nature is an amazing healing environment – a medication in itself. It’s important to take time to also soak in the wonderful creations of God, and immerse ourselves in total relaxation, especially in the midst of something as vital and stressful as medical treatment.clairekhoo.com
3. That forgiveness is essential if we want to live a full life. As Claire profoundly notes that we should all let go of the should-have-beens.
4. Let go of your fears, even the fear of dying. As Claire aptly puts:
5. That we must learn to let go of everything ‘unimportant’.
As for Claire, being diagnosed with cancer, is her big big lesson in learning to let go with everything ‘unimportant’, trading these unimportant, petty things in life, for the more important big ticket items: like living, loving, and filling up my soul with an appreciation for everything else.clairekhoo.com