8 Awesome Secret Hideouts To Drive To With Your Whole Family
You've got a free weekend ahead. Your family's ready to jump in the car. Where should you drive to for an awesome getaway?
1. Sekeping Serendah, Kuala Lumpur. Located in the town of Serendah, the secluded retreat spot is a perfect place to recharge yourself.
Sekeping Serendah is a private retreat attempting to tread lightly on the land. The very transparent and open sheds celebrate the beauty of the natural environment surrounding them. The sheds are intentionally kept basic and free from lavishness. They are seen more as ‘glorified tents’ to provide basic shelter for its inhabitants as they commune with the land.sekeping.com
Drive time: One hour from KL.
2. Banjaran Hotsprings, Ipoh. Imagine being surrounded by 260-million year old limestone hills, near hot springs and waterfalls. You'll definitely feel rejuvenated and rested together with your friends and family.
The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat is nestled in a 16.59-acre valley, cradled by 260 million-year old towering Paleozoic limestone hills, verdant rainforest, rejuvenating geothermal hot springs, natural caves and cascading waterfalls. Your getaway to regain balance and rediscover your sense of true self, this unique hideaway is designed to luxuriate in, with therapeutic value in mind.thebanjaran.com
Drive time: 2 hours 45 minutes from KL.
3. The Dusun, Negeri Sembilan. Ever wonder what's it like to stay near an orchard? With sustainable farming and development, the Dusun is invitingly serene and calm.
An orchard resort on the edge of a Malaysian tropical rainforest. The dusun is an hour from Kuala Lumpur and its airports, but feels like a world away. The Dusun honours sustainable development in farming and building, which has created a beautiful and healthy environment. The family has a good relationship with the local community. The business only hires from nearby kampungs and shops from small entrepreneurs and other interesting responsible businesses. Activities are designed to raise awareness of Malaysia’s beautiful natural heritage and support local traditions, communities and NGOs.thedusun.com.my
Drive time: 1 hour 20 minutes from KL.
4. Awanmulan, Negeri Sembilan. Another secluded place in Negeri Sembilan, the rustic setting of these houses were named after the owner's late friend Mulan. Coupled with the morning mist, Awanmulan (Mulan's clouds) was born.
Live close to nature in the way that was intended. A collection of small homes in the hills of Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, only a short distance from the bustling capital of Kuala Lumpur, but a world away from the trappings of modern living. Awake each morning to the chirping of birds, the rustling of leaves, the rays of light through the trees. Fall asleep each night to the creeking of cikadas and crickets, the cool jungle air, the stars and clouds over moonlit skies.awanmulan.com
Drive time: 1 hour 6 minutes from KL.
5. Ren I Tang, Penang. Translated as The Hall Of Benevolence, the restored building was once a Chinese medical centre that set up shop in 1796. Today, the refurbished hotel pays homage to the design and even has a shop where one can buy traditional medicine.
Ren i Tang is the result of a 2 year long restoration project on a 19th century Early Straits Eclectic Styled Building located within the core zone of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Penang Island: Malaysia. The name "Ren i Tang" is the phonetic spelling in Mandarin of South East Asia’s oldest Chinese Medical Hall Wholesaler, Yin Oi Tong which is translated as The Hall of Benevolence.renitang.com
Drive time: 4 hours 20 minutes from KL.
6. 45 Lekiu, Malacca. Located within a UNESCO World Heritage site, 45 Lekiu has been restored to show that one can relax in style.
The guesthouse draws its inspiration from the rich tapestry of Malacca and capture everything Malacca stands for – heritage, culture and history. Located in the heart of Malacca’s UNESCO World Heritage site, the 1941 pre-war art deco building has been painstakingly restored into a stylish abode epitomising a “new luxury” that is smart, pared down and tampered with healthy dose of wit and charm while maintaining it’s old world quaintness.45lekiu.com
Drive time: 2 hours 20 minutes from KL.
7. Bamboo-Village, Hulu Langat. Did you know that you can chill out in the jungles of Hulu Langat? The quiet retreat is mostly bamboo inspired, allowing you to zen out in peace.
A quiet retreat nestled in the jungles of Hulu Langat. The perfect place to go if you intend to be near nature without driving or flying for hundreds of kilometres away from Kuala Lumpur. You can pick from a selection of bungalow, cottage, dorms and event tents for the more adventurous ones. Resort living style made of bamboo somewhere in the jungle near Kuala Lumpur city centre.lolaloot.com
Drive time: 45 minutes from KL.
8. Taman Sari, Hulu Langat. The open air concept at Taman Sari will offer you and your family privacy and a chance to enjoy nature.
Enjoy a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur. Only a 45 min drive and you will be in an oasis of calm. The fresh air and greenery will recharge you, mind, body and soul. At Taman Sari, we offer a unique retreat experience with bed and breakfast for those who love open air, gardens and a natural environment with a breathtaking view.wordpress.com
Drive time: 45 minutes from KL.