11 Awesome Things Only VW Drivers Will Understand
Get behind the wheel and you'll be Volkswaggin' in no time!
Decade after decade, VWs have been challenged with the test of time, and they've emerged victorious every time
From immortalising the iconic beetle shape way back in 1931...
Designed by Ferdinand Porsche (yes, that Porsche), the rounded front hood was introduced for better aerodynamics.
... to being every hippie's favourite accessory in the 60s.
Curious as to why hippies loved Volkswagens? The "people’s cars" were designed to be mechanically simple. This design philosophy fit well into the hippie philosophy of primitive subsistence.
Also, they provided hippies with mobility (and, in the case of the Bus, an instant flop house) and usually could be kept running without resorting to the services of a professional mechanic.
1. Let's face it: guys love it, girls adore it. It's awesome either way!
2. SWAG is in its DNA
Utter coolness, guaranteed.
3. When you roll up to an event like a boss
5. Mark Zuckerberg himself drives a nice little VW GTI
6. Works of art are dedicated to your car
7. You can have breakfast that matches your ride
To get all meta, you can make your VW toast in your VW toaster in your actual VW Kombi.
8. There's an inkling of hope that it might have a mind of its own
9. You get a legit license to wear their cool driver gears
10. It's the perfect excuse for road trips
11. Owning your VW long enough can earn your ride a birth certificate
Keen to jump on the VW bandwagon? Here's yet another reason why you should own one: 0% interest and 0% downpayment! Find out more here.