A Lake On Top Of A Volcano, A Pink Beach, And 4 Other Gorgeous Places To Visit In Lombok
It's only a short three-hour flight away!
Thinking about where to go for your year-end holiday? The beautiful island of Lombok is the perfect getaway destination that has something for everyone, no matter what kind of trip you want
Located in West Nusa Tenggara, Lombok Island is separated from Bali Island (in the west) by the Lombok strait, and from Sumbawa Island (in the east) by the Alas strait. It consists of five regions - North Lombok, Central Lombok, East Lombok, West Lombok, and Mataram city, the capital of West Nusa Tenggara. It is also home to the Sasak people, who are the dominant ethnic group living on the island.
Lombok has no shortage of attractions both in and out of the water, making it one of the most popular destinations in West Nusa Tenggara. Whether you're looking to do all kinds of fun, sporty activities, bask in the glory of nature, or just kick back and relax on a gorgeous beach, you can do it all in Lombok!
And best of all, it's so easy to get there! Lombok is only a short three-hour flight away from Malaysia
The only local airline that flies directly to Lombok International Airport (LOP) from Malaysia is AirAsia. You could also check out Malaysia Airlines, Lion Air, Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, SilkAir, and Singapore Airlines, though these airlines may include transit destinations. Alternatively, you can also get to Lombok Island from Bali via plane, ferry, or fast boat.
Once you're on the island, it's pretty easy to get around. You can rent cars or motorbikes if you'd prefer to get around on your own, or you can opt to use public transport. There's a natural-air conditioned minibus called Bemo that will take you to most tourist attractions, but do note that it only operates during the day.
1. Be awed by the island's spectacular natural beauty by riding a bike through lush evergreen paddy fields or trekking to find the soothing Senaru and Benang Kelambu waterfalls
2. Check out Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air, the three hottest spots out of the many local gilis a.k.a small islands
Gili Trawangan is known for its happening moonlit beach parties, being a great scuba diving location, and having a gorgeous sunset view. Meanwhile, Gili Meno is popular with honeymooners who love the secluded feel from the long stretch of pearly white beaches. And finally, Gili Air gives you the best of both worlds with hip hang outs, peaceful nooks, and family-friendly fun adventures.
3. Challenge yourself by hiking up the steep volcanic peaks of Mount Rinjani, one of the highest volcanos in Indonesia. The Segara Anak Crater Lake located at the top is absolutely breathtaking!
4. Explore the famous Tangsi ‘Pink’ Beach where the pretty corals gives the shore a gorgeous tinge of blush
You can also go beach-hopping to discover something different at each one. Brush up on your wave riding skills at the splendid Selong Belanak Beach or be captivated by the black sand beach of Obel-Obel.
5. Visit the traditional weaving village of Sade and Rambitan to experience the daily life of the local Sasak tribe
Learn a thing or two from the wonderful women with meticulous weaving skills that produce fine quality textiles.
6. Learn more about the history and legends of the island by visiting places like the West Nusa Tenggara Museum, Mayura Garden, and Narmada Park
For more information on Lombok and what you can do there, check out the Indonesian Tourism Board's website