1. Take a stroll through the rustic, mysterious laneways and discover some hidden gems
2. Resist the urge to take selfies with the endless epic street art at Hosier Lane or elsewhere
3. Sit back and grab a cup of flat white from one of the many cosy, hidden coffee shops
4. In fact, go cafe-hopping and drink lots of amazing coffee from secluded, quirky locations
5. Go on one of the world's most scenic coastal drives road trip along the Great Ocean Road
6. Have a picnic at one of Melbourne’s beautiful parks (and then taking a nap right after)
7. Catch an AFL game and experience the insane energy that's like no other
8. Have a taste of the alfresco lifestyle in the breezy seaside villages of Mornington Peninsula
9. Stalk a food truck and grab some mindblowing street food...
10. ...or join the insane queue to get into Mamasita because it's. so. worth. it.
11. Head over to Yarra Valley for a relaxing retreat to unwind
12. Go bar crawling while discovering the hidden secrets of the city in obscure laneway or rooftop bars
13. Succumb to the temptation of adorable penguins and catch them at St Kilda or Phillip Island after sundown
14. End the night with an amazing Greek supper from Stalactites that just hits all the right spots
15. Lastly, always remember to "touch on" when travelling outside of the CBD on the tram
Melbourne's maze of hidden laneways, off-the-beaten-track gems and secrets are waiting for you to discover them
Escape the heat and chill out in Melbourne, immersing yourself in wonderful Melburnian culture. Grab your flights now HERE until 20th September 2015. With 11x weekly flights to Melbourne on AirAsia X, you can now enjoy a truly unique holiday experience!