If you're a fan of all things made in Japan, the newly-opened Isetan The Japan Store at Lot 10 Kuala Lumpur needs to be on the list for your next shopping trip
Having opened its doors on 27 October, Isetan The Japan Store is the first of its kind in the world with over 200 Japan-exclusive brands making its way overseas for the first time in six floors worth of shopping heaven.
Be spoilt for choice by the specialty store's Japan-imported products, ranging from fashion and lifestyle pieces to technological and household items. No doubt they are of exceptional quality, although the prices may make your eyeballs bulge a little bit:
1. Indulge in the world's best-selling tiny French almond cakes and Japanese whisky
2. Premium fruits, air-flown from Japan, costs at least few hundred bucks per pop
3. Impress your dinner guests with these upscale matcha-making instruments
4. Looks like a berus tandas, but these are actually used to exfoliate your skin
5. Do your household chores the posh way with these fancy, full-bristled broomsticks
6. Er... maybe the cardboard is made from the trees of Mount Fuji?
7. While we're at it, how about some new furniture to class up your home?
8. Be the envy of the town with these swanky high heels and sneakers that you may not find anywhere else!
9. That feeling when your phone case costs more than the phone itself...
10. If you're a huge fan of the popular anime series 'Sailor Moon', it's gonna be pretty hard to tear yourself away from this display
11. Wow, can you believe the detail on this super realistic 15cm figurine? There are some bigger ones too!
Regardless, don't be put off by the exorbitant prices yet. There are five floors worth of (affordable) wonders to explore still, each designed according to a single theme:
(i) Head to The Market on the lower ground for imported goodies including seasonal ingredients, sweet treats, alcoholic beverages, as well as eat-in dining areas for an authentic Japanese dining experience
(ii) Japanese high fashion takes residence in The Museum alongside crafted goods of high craftsmanship. Make sure to catch a demo session of Honda's robotics too!
(iii) The Studio lends space to some of Japan's up-and-rising streetwear designers. Gundam fans, don't miss out on the exhibit of Gundam action figures released through the years!
(iv) The Room is the very picture of zen, with minimalist product displays as well as the gorgeous bird nest-like garden completing the floor plan
(v) Last but not least, bookworms are gonna love The Cube's well-curated bookstore. Also, delve deeper into Japanese culture with the calligraphy, flower arranging and tea ceremony classes that will be held all year long.
Intrigued yet? Isetan The Japan Store is now open at Lot 10 Shopping Centre in KL.