Malaysians In KL, Putrajaya, And Labuan Can Enjoy Up To 70% Discount With This Card!
The card was introduced to ease the rakyat's financial burdens.
The Federal Territories Ministry recently relaunched the discount card, 'Kad Ceria Wilayah' in an effort to reduce the rakyat's financial burdens
This is an exclusive card for Malaysians in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, and Labuan to enjoy special discounts as they will be able to purchase essential goods and services at discounted prices.
Kad Ceria was previously known as 'Kad Komuniti Ceria' when it was first launched in 2015. The Federal Territories Ministry decided to revamp and reintroduce the new card with additional features and better benefits to entice more consumers and companies to use it.
These cards are given out free to eligible applicants and the cards do not have an expiry date.
What are the benefits of having this card?
1. Up to 70% discount on the purchase of goods, food, and services.
2. There are more than 1,200 participating trade partner stores.
3. A special discount rate will be given for the rental of selected Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL), Putrajaya Corporation (PPJ), and Labuan Corporation (PL) facilities.
4. Functions as an 'e-wallet' for a cashless shopping experience at participating stores.
Some of the most notable trade partners include Mydin, KK Super Mart, Berjaya Hotels & Resorts, Kamdar, Wendy's, Kenny Rogers restaurants, and Restoran Rasa Utara.
A quick check on the Kad Ceria website reveals that there are discount rates offered for various purchase of goods and services - ranging from food to cosmetics, dental services, and more.
For example, Mydin offers a 5% to 20% discount for non-food items while Wendy’s offers a 5% discount for any ala carte orders.
Those who are interested may refer to the Kad Ceria website to get updates on the latest promotions.
Who is eligible?
The applicant must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the free Kad Ceria:
1. Is of the age of 18 and above
2. Is a Malaysian citizen
3. Is born in any of the Federal Territories or is currently residing in any of the Federal Territories;
4. Or is a civil servant that is currently serving in a Federal Territory
1. Visit the Kad Ceria website and enter your MyKAD number to register
Enter your MyKAD number accordingly in the box provided and you'll get a message that your registration has been successful.
2. Visit the 'semakan' tab on the website to update your latest information
You will be asked to fill up a form to update your personal particulars including your address, email, and telephone number before you can proceed to the next step.
3. You will be notified of the branch office you are assigned to for the card collection
You will be assigned to a specific service centre to collect your card when it is ready, and details such as address, telephone number, and operating hours of the branch will be provided.
Do call up the number provided and check if your card is ready for collection before you head to the service centre to avoid any complications.
There is also an option to print the information for future reference.
For more information on Kad Ceria, visit their website or Facebook page. You may also send an email to [email protected] or call +603-8889 7642/+603-8889 7625 for any enquiries.
The online applications are open now. Share this story with your family and friends to let them know!
Speaking of discounts, PTPTN borrowers are entitled to a 10% discount if they use this new hassle-free online system to repay their loans: