A week ago we featured a set of charming old photos of the very beautiful and historic Penang Island from a collection of photos we found on one R.S Murthi's site.
Along with that treasure trove, we came across another posting that featured old city buses in Penang dating back to the 1970s.
The photos of these old buses in Penang were compiled on R.S Murthi's website, under an entry named, '70s Penang Buses'. Murthi sourced the photos from Buses Worldwide, which is an organisation run by bus enthusiasts for other bus enthusiasts from around the world.
The photos have been credited to photographers, Ian Lynas and Peter Vasey.
1. A Bedford SB1
The Bedford SB1 was operated by the Majlis Perbandaran Pulau Pinang (MPPP).
2. A Leyland Victory J with Bee Hing bodywork
4. A Penang Yellow Bus Company Mercedes-Benz 1113
5. A Bedford VAM70
6. A Hino with Seng Seng bodywork
7. An Albion Viking
8. A Seddon Pennine 4 by the Lim Seng Seng Bus Company
9. A Bedford SB by the Hin Bus Company
10. A Bedford SB by Sri Negara
11. A Vulcan Chassis by the Central Province Wellesley Transport Company of Butterworth
What's really amazing is that over the years, the city has managed to retain its historic old buildings and old world charm: