This year, PETRONAS is turning 45!
Winding back the clock to 1974, it was a monumental year for Malaysia. Many things happened, including the formation of PETRONAS. And that was the beginning of an exciting journey.
1. The Twin Towers forever changed the KL cityscape, with tourists flocking to our shores just to see it
In fact, the Twin Towers isn't just for tourists. We still feel a sense of pride whenever we drive by or walk past the 'Tallest Twin Towers In The World.'
2. The world's first floating LNG facility means less pollution and less carbon footprint
PETRONAS has been making a conscious effort to become greener. This latest facility means they can harvest natural gas without constructing a site, which helps preserve marine and coastal environments, while saving costs.
3. One thing that has always been important for PETRONAS is to give back to Malaysians through education
Since 1975, PETRONAS has been working with students, teachers, and parents. Besides providing scholarships to 36,000 students, PETRONAS has also started various education initiatives, including vocational training through Institut Teknologi Petroleum (INSTEP) PETRONAS and Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), which has produced over 15,000 graduates!
4. We've seen PETRONAS on the Fortune 500 list for 23 years
PETRONAS is the only Malaysian company listed on the FORTUNE Global 500 and currently ranks at #158. That’s 33 notches up from 2018!
5. We felt like we were the ones lifting the trophy when Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS won their fifth consecutive F1 World Constructors Championship in 2018
From 2014 to 2018, the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team became only the second team in history to win five drivers' and constructors' titles in a row. Now, we can't wait to root for them to break even more records!
6. Nothing makes us smile (or sob) more during festive seasons than PETRONAS ads
PETRONAS' heartwarming stories never fail to remind us of the Malaysia we all truly love. Here’s the latest for National and Malaysia Day 2019 titled “UNI”. Have you watched it?
In conjunction with their 45th Anniversary, PETRONAS has come up with a 45-day long celebration for all Malaysians. Here's what they have in store for you:
Malaysia’s First Time Travel Truck
Date: 1 August - 14 September
Journey to the past, present, and future with PETRONAS in Malaysia's First Time Travel Truck. The truck will be stopping by 10 different states, so make sure you come out with your family to enjoy exciting games and activities.
There, you'll also get a chance to collect nine limited edition PETRONAS enamel pins. Behind every pin is a story of PETRONAS, so make sure to collect yours!
Be a part of PETRONAS' celebration this August and September. If you haven't yet, make sure to check out their #OurTimeTogether video series on petronas.com/45years today!