Students & Staff From These 20 Public Universities Can Enjoy Special Benefits From AirAsia
The Waran Perjalanan Udara Awam (WPUA) package allows them to save travelling costs and fly conveniently.
If you're a student or staff at a public university, you may be part of the 650,000 people who can benefit from a special flyer programme with AirAsia
In 2015, AirAsia signed a signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with 20 public universities in Malaysia to introduce a special package known as Public Air Travel Warrant or 'Waran Perjalanan Udara Awam' (WPUA).
This package allows students and staff at public universities to save travelling costs and fly conveniently with the low-cost airline.
The programme was established so that members of government agencies and statutory bodies in the country, including public universities under the WPUA programme, can save air travel costs domestically and abroad and at the same time enjoy privileges offered by AirAsia.
What are the benefits or special offers for the WPUA package?
For one price only, students and staff under the WPUA programme are entitled to:
• FREE 40 kgs of baggage allocation for all AirAsia X flights (economy and business class)
• FREE 20 kgs of sports equipment allowance for AirAsia and AirAsia X flights
• FREE selected in-flight meal
• FREE selection of seat including 'hot seat'
• FREE usage of counter check-in services (for Malaysia domestic flights) as service fee will be waived
• FREE flight change up to two hours before the scheduled departure time
Under this WPUA programme, students and staff can also:
• Make bookings three hours before the scheduled departure time through appointed travel agents
• Enjoy travel insurance coverage plans offered by Tune Protect
• Earn BIG Points, which can be used to redeem AirAsia flight tickets, hotel stays, and other BIG rewards
Who is eligible?
The programme is open to all university staff and students at the following 20 public higher learning institutions, for official use only:
Here is the list of registered universities:
1. Universiti Malaya (UM)
2. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
3. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
4. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
6. Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
7. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
8. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
9. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
10. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
11. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
12. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
13. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
14. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
15. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
16. Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
17. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)
18. Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
19. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
20. Univesiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
Do note that WPUA applies for group and individual bookings, and the package can only be purchased by the registered universities listed above.
How to make a booking?
According to AirAsia, bookings can be made through the respective universities' Pusat Tanggungjawab (PTJ), which is the department or division that has been authorised to manage public finances.
Those who are interested to apply for WPUA have been advised to consult with their university or authorised travel agents.
Visit AirAsia's website to learn more about WPUA.