16 Things You Will Go Through As Soon As You Start Tracking Your Expenses
You get emotionally attached to loyalty cards...
It's the start of the year and you're determined to get your money in check!
By now you've heard all the tips and tricks: downloading a finance-tracking app, saving 10% of your income, collecting coupons, and comparing prices online.
Add to your financial planning this year by signing up, using, and redeeming points on loyalty cards. Get started quickly with BonusLink and get rewarded when you fuel up at Shell. The best part is BonusLink has tons of awesome redemption perks so you continue to come out on top every time you use it! Redeem your points in exchange for fuel, lubricants, and Shell Select promotions :D
Get more info here!
Tracking your finances will have a huge payoff in the long run, but before you get there, here are the 16 things that will happen:
1. You start off strong
2. Note down every single sen you spend
3. And keep every receipt you get
4. Get emotionally attached to your loyalty cards
Especially when you use a loyalty card like BonusLink, where you can redeem points for fuel, lubricants, and Shell Select promotions! What's not to love?!
5. Coupon books are your new BFFs
6. Enthusiastically update your app or excel sheet every day
7. Look back at your weekly spending and regret having so much teh tarik
8. Then it gets tiring
9. And repetitive
10. You hesitate every time you want to buy something
11. You feel bad when you indulge in things you want, not need, like dessert
12. Everything seems more expensive
13. You want to quit halfway
14. You judge other people for their spending habits
15. Your friends question why you don't want to go shopping, eat at fancy restaurants, do all the things you normally do...
16. But then at the end of the month, you realise you actually cut costs and have extra savings!
And it is the Best. Feeling. Ever. Tracking your expenses is going to be tough, but it's seriously a great habit to get into!
Before long it will become second nature and you'll never blow your budget on unnecessary things and end up suffering at the end of the month. It takes time, practice, and diligence. Don't give up!
Want to add value to your ringgit? Don't forget to redeem your BonusLink points at Shell!
Enjoy everyday bright moments with Shell now!