1. Cool down in the sweltering heat by having the BEST cendol in the world at Aunty Koh's!
Penangites, you know it's true.
Where: The location is hard to find so here are the coordinates: N2 14.804 E102 11.516
Note: Aunty Koh's is only open during weekends from 12PM until the cendol sells out so you need to go early to avoid disappointment.
2. Jam along to Frozen's "Let It Go" when the trishaw uncle blasts it from his stereo
Where: Gereja Christ, Jalan Gereja, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia
The standard rate off a trishaw ride is RM40. However, do negotiate with the driver before you hop on.
3. Stroll along and soak in the sights, sounds, and smells along the famed Jonker Street
4. Pick up a paint brush and learn the unique skill of batik painting
Where: PT 15251, Melaka International Trade Centre (MITC), Ayer Keroh, Melaka.
For a fee of RM15 for a 30-minute introductory lesson, learn the art of batik painting and techniques. You even get to bring your artpiece back!
5. Appreciate history and people-watch at the famous A'Famosa Fort
Where: Jalan Parameswara, 78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
Although all that's left is just a small part of a once huge fort, it is still a must do attraction in Malacca. Read up on the history and the visit will be more worth it.
Did you know: If it weren't for Sir Stamford Raffles, the British would have destroyed the fort completely.
6. Cruise down the Malacca river and pass through historical buildings. Fun fact: The movie 'Entrapment' starring Sean Connery was partially filmed here.
7. Open up your taste buds by trying original Peranakan cuisine
8. ... before getting to know your cultural history at the Baba-Nyonya Heritage museum!
9. Chicken. Rice. Balls. That is all...
Where: Hoe Kee Hainam Chicken Rice Ball, 4, 6, 8 Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200, Melaka or Kedai Kopi Chung Wah @ 18, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
Note: According to locals, Hoe Kee's chicken is more flavourful but when it comes to the rice balls, Chung Wah has the upper hand.
10. Walk along Stadthuys and take Insta-worthy shots along the bright red buildings
Where: Jalan Gereja, 75000, Melaka.
The Stadthuys is believed to be the oldest-surviving Dutch building in the East. Part of Malacca town square’s prominent Dutch colonial architecture, it is a massive bright terracotta-red riverfront building that was once the official residence of Dutch governors and officers.malacca.ws
11. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the Malaccan skyline by heading up the Menara Taming Sari, the name given to the legendary weapon Hang Tuah used
Where: Jalan Merdeka, 75000 Melaka.
From a height of 80 metres, the ride offers you a spectacular and panoramic view of Melaka UNESCO World Heritage City with a host of interesting sights such as St.Paul’s Hill, Independence Memorial Building,Samudra Museum and the ship, Flor De La Mar, Dataran Pahlawan, Pulau Selat Mosque, Pulau Besar and the Straits of Melakamenaratamingsari.com
12. Take a walk to the 494-year-old St. Paul's church
Where: Jalan Kota, Bukit St. Paul (St. Paul’s Hill).
The ruins of St. Paul’s Church are at the summit of St. Paul's Hill. Built on the site of the last Malaccan sultan’s istana (palace), it was constructed by Portuguese fidalgo (nobleman) captain, Duarte Coelho, in gratitude to the Virgin Mary for saving his life during a storm at sea.
Roofless and covered in ferns, it was originally called the Nossa Senhora da Annunciada (Our Lady of the Annunciation). Though it has been in ruins for more than 150 years, it is still a beautiful, breezy sanctuary (reached after a steep flight of stairs) set near the remains of A’ Famosa fort.
13. Play Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" when you sip that yummy coconut shake at Klebang's Original Coconut Shake
Where: Klebang, 5, Melaka.
Note: For just an additional RM0.50, you can get an upgrade with vanilla ice cream in it.
14. Relax after a long day of exploring at hipster cafes all along Jonker Street. If you're adventurous, find hidden gems in other parts of town.
Where: Calanthe Art Cafe, Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200 Melaka.
Learn all the coffee terminologies and how to order like a boss here
1. Plat Kitchen: 596, Jalan Melaka Raya 10, Taman Melaka Raya, Melaka.
2. Limau Limau Cafe: 49, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
3. The Daily Fix: 55 Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
4. Orang Belanda Cafe: Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, 75200 Melaka.