8 Delicious Must-Try OREO Kuih Raya Recipes Everyone Is Talking About
Raya is right around the corner, which means it's time to start prepping all those yummy kuih raya to om nom nom nom
This year, OREO is putting a fun twist on the iconic kuih raya we all know and love. They've released an e-book full of traditional kuih raya recipes, but the twist is that they all contain OREO. Kuih raya + OREO? Mmmm, yasss pleaseeee, we wanttttt! :9
Plus, there's also a brand new limited edition flavour—Golden OREO. This special festive flavour is already in stores, so grab it before it's gone!
1. Ultimate Kek Batik with OREO and Cadbury
- 150g Golden OREO cookies, broken into 4
- 100g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Neaps
- 30g cocoa powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 50g castor sugar
- Original OREO cookies, broken into 4
- Golden OREO cookies, broken into 4
1. In a saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Neaps, cocoa powder, butter, condensed milk, and sugar.
2. Continuously stir the mixture until everything is fully melted and well combined. Remove from heat.
3. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined. Cook on low heat for three minutes, then remove from heat.
4. Mix in the Golden Oreo cookies and stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into a small cake tin and press it down. Sprinkle the garnishes on top.
6. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or overnight.
7. Once set, cut into squares and serve!
2. Honey Cornflakes Cup with OREO
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/8 cup CED honey
- 85g Golden or Original OREO cookies, coarsely chopped
- 2 and 1/2 cups Kellogg's Kurma & Madu Corn Flakes
- 50g seedless dates, chopped
- 20g Golden or Original OREO cookies, coarsely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Melt the butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Add the OREO cookies and corn flakes. Stir to combine.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into colourful paper cups.
4. Sprinkle the garnishes on top.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Raya Cookies with Mini OREO
- 80g unsalted butter
- 55g brown sugar
- 25g sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5g egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 90g flour, sifted
- 13g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 70g chocolate rice
- Mini OREO cookies
- Kellogg's Corn Flakes, coarsely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together. Add the salt, egg yolks, and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Make sure not to overmix.
4. Stir in the chocolate rice.
5. Form the dough into individual flower shapes. Place the Mini OREO cookies at the center and sprinkle corn flakes around it.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. Almond London with OREO and Cadbury
- 150g Mini OREO cookies, finely crushed
- 65g butter
- 20 whole almonds, toasted
- 150g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Neaps
- Almond nibs, toasted
1. Melt butter and remove from heat, then mix in the Mini OREO cookies.
2. Take a bit of the mixture and wrap around a whole almond. Repeat with the rest of the almonds and dough until you use everything up.
3. Melt the Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Neaps in the microwave for one to two minutes.
4. Dip the dough-coated almonds into the melted chocolate, then transfer them into mini paper cups. Sprinkle some almond nibs on top.
5. Let set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. No Bake Cream Pudding with OREO
- 20g dried agar-agar
- 1,200ml water
- 20g rock sugar
- 390ml evaporated milk
- 250g condensed milk
- 280g Original OREO cookies
- 1 tablespoon CED honey
1. Soak agar-agar in water for 30 minutes.
2. Bring water to a boil, then add the soaked agar-agar. Stir until completely dissolved.
3. Add the rock sugar, evaporated and condensed milks, and honey. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a dish and randomly place the OREO cookies into it.
5. Chill in the fridge until it firms up.
6. Kuih Kapit with OREO
- 125g flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, sifted
- 150g icing sugar
- 240g eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g coconut milk
- 100g OREO crumbs or finely crushed Original OREO cookies
1. Whisk all the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves. Sieve it.
2. Heat up your kuih kapit mould.
3. Sprinkle the OREO crumbs or crushed cookies onto the mould. Pour in the mixture into the middle part of the mould. Close, and give it a quick squeeze.
4. Once the light goes off, remove the kuih kapit from the mould. While it's still piping hot, first fold it in half, then into quarters.
5. Once cooled, store in airtight containers.
7. Kuih Bahulu with OREO
- 5 eggs
- 80g castor sugar
- 128g flour, sifted
- 70g OREO crumbs or coarsely crushed Original OREO cookies
- 20g CED honey
1. Preheat oven and kuih bahulu mould to 200°C.
2. Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for about five minutes, until the mixture slightly thickens.
3. Add the flour bit by bit and beat for another two minutes. Add the honey and mix well.
4. Brush some oil on the inside of the mould and sprinkle in the OREO crumbs or crushed cookies. Pour in the mixture until the mould is almost full.
5. Put mould onto a rack tray and place it in the center of the oven. Bake for 12 minutes, using both the top and bottom heat of the oven.
6. Once cooked, remove from the mould and let cool on a cooling rack.
8. Golden Semperit with OREO
- 250g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 50g Golden OREO cookies, finely crushed
- 150 custard powder, sifted
- 30g corn flour
- 30g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream all the wet ingredients until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe out the mixture in 'S' shapes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Mix icing sugar and water. Once the cookies have cooled, dip the bottom into the sugar glaze, then sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles on top.
Want more OREO kuih raya recipes? Check out the full e-book here and get started on baking up a storm for Raya!
Whether you’re new to baking or a total pro, OREO has a recipe for you. And don't forget to try the limited edition Golden OREO while you still can!
Got a lot of good makan places to recommend? Let us know in our new SAYS Makan Buddies Facebook Group!