A Handphone Exploded Inside A Car That Was Left Under The Sun For Too Long

The incident happened in Kuching.

Cover image via Sinchew

A handphone exploded and destroyed a car in Kuching after being left in the boot for too long

Image via Sinchew

Sinchew reported yesterday that a handphone which left in the car for too long had exploded in Kuching, Sarawak.

The Chinese daily said the device had exploded because the car was left exposed to prolonged sunlight, causing the temperature in the car to increase drastically.

Parts of the car, including the rear windscreen, were damaged from the explosion

Image via Sinchew

The fire department was alerted about the incident by the public at around 11.35am. After a thorough investigation, it was concluded that the phone exploded due to overheating; caused by the increasing temperature in the car's interior.

The report did not state whether the phone was charging or using a faulty battery.

News of phone explosions dominated headlines last year after Samsung's major recall of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones due to defective batteries

Image via Gawker

The burning lithium-ion batteries that caused the recall highlights the conundrum tech companies face as they look for more powerful, lightweight, and easily recharged batteries to power myriad devices.

It has become increasingly popular over the years because of its lightweight and ability to store a lot of energy.

But they're also prone to overheating and can be extremely volatile.

Below are some general tips to follow that can help protect yourself and your device from any trouble

Image via Digital Trends

Stop charging your phone it if becomes too hot: Allow your phone to cool down before charging it again and make sure that you don’t cover your phone to let heat escape properly.

Stick to original chargers: Use the charger included in the box to make sure that your phone is receiving the optimal voltage and current. If you’re using a phone with a USB Type-C port or Quick Charge, it might be wise to stick with the cable that came in the box too.

Be mindful of where you charge your phone: Avoid charging for long periods of time in really hot places, such leaving your phone on a car dashboard, next to a radiator, or in direct sunlight on hot days.

Always be vigilant and keep an eye on your devices, guys!

Read more trending news on SAYS:

Leave a comment