It seems that everyone can't stop talking about Auntie Anne's 'Pretzel Dog' since news broke out about the company's application for halal certification
It was revealed recently that Auntie Anne's has yet to be certified halal by Malaysia's Department of Islamic Development (JAKIM).
One of the reasons Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification is because JAKIM found its 'Pretzel Dog' name to be "inappropriate", recommending the company to rename it to 'Pretzel Sausage'.
Following the incident, the issue has not only been widely reported by local media but also highly publicised in many other countries around the world.
1. America's ABC News
2. America's International Business (IB) Times
3. America's Time
4. Australia's The Australian
5. Austria's Der Standard
6. Germany's Rheinische Pos
7. Germany's Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
8. India's NDTV
9. Indonesia's Kompas
10. Indonesia's Tempo
11. Israel's The Jerusalem Post
12. Japan's Nikkei Asian Review
13. Philippines' Manila Bulletin
14. Singapore's Straits Times
15. Taiwan/Hong Kong's Apple Daily
16. Thailand's Bangkok Post
17. United Kingdom's BBC
18. United Kingdom's Daily Mail
19. Vietnam's Thanh Niên
Share with us if you've seen other articles by any other publishers around the world in the comments section below!
Speaking of which, did you there are actually other reasons why Auntie Anne's halal application was rejected besides the 'Pretzel Dog' name: