4 Chilling Facts About The 18-Year-Old Penang Boy Who Was Tortured By Former Schoolmates

The boy has been declared brain-dead by the Penang Hospital.


UPDATE, 16 June:

UPDATE, 15 June:

An 18-year-old boy was allegedly assaulted by a group of former schoolmates around midnight on Saturday, 10 June

1. The boy, identified as T. Nhaveen, was so badly beaten that he went into a coma. Doctors treating him at Penang Hospital's intensive care unit have declared him brain-dead.

Currently on life support, Nhaveen, who dreamt of being a composer, was about to enrol at a private college for a music composition course in Kuala Lumpur.

2. He was also allegedly sodomised by his attackers

According to reports, Nhaveen was taunted by two of his former schoolmates, who met him outside the Taman Tun Sardon Mosque.

Allegedly, the two used to bully Nhaveen in school for being "effeminate".

While Nhaveen pleaded with the two to stop, they called the former schoolmates called their friends and six of them arrived on motorcycles at the spot.

The eight then started beating Nhaveen along with another boy, Previin, who was with Nhaveen, repeatedly with helmets.

One of the youths on the motorcycles then forced Nhaveen to a nearby Padang at Jalan Kaki Bukit. While it is not known what happened at the Padang, an unconscious Nhaveen was taken to the Penang Hospital at 2am by a brother of one of the assailants.

3. Nhaveen's injuries indicate that a blunt object was inserted into his anus. There were burn marks on his back.

Nhaveen's 43-year-old mother was only told of the alleged injuries to the anus and genitals some 36 hours after he was first taken to Penang Hospital, reported The Malaysian Insight.

"His genitals were twisted. The news just destroyed his mother. She is traumatised. When the boy was declared brain-dead, his mother accepted the news. But this, she could not accept. She fears for her children. If he ever recovers, what future will he have?" Nhaveen's uncle was quoted as saying by The Malaysian Insight.

Nhaveen's mother, D. Shanti (C), is consoled by relatives at the Penang Hospital.

Image via theSundaily

4. The family claims the Penang Hospital failed to check Nhaveen's injuries thoroughly when he was brought in

"It was some 36 hours after he was sent to the hospital and declared brain-dead that we were told he also suffered injuries to his private parts. We want the police to tell us what is being done. We want updates. This cannot happen to others," The Malaysian Insight quoted a 35-year-old family member as saying.

Meanwhile, Northeast district police chief Anuar Omar was reported saying that the police have met the grieving family to brief them on the ongoing investigation.

"They are satisfied with what the police are doing, but they are unhappy with the hospital for not doing a thorough inspection on the victim when he was brought to there. That was why the family called the media to highlight the case."

Police have arrested five youths involved in the assault

They are between 16 to 18 years of age and have admitted to the assault.

Police said that all the five youths tested negative for drugs. They, however, have not yet released the five attackers names.

"The case is being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting with weapons," ACP Anuar was quoted as saying by The Star Online.

Image via TMI

The gruesome news of what happened to Nhaveen comes days after a young Navy cadet was tortured to death by his friends at the Army Trainee dormitory in the UPNM:

You may be interested in: