[NEW UPDATE] Woolwich Beheading: Police Arrest 3 More Suspects

A man was murdered in the street in broad daylight in Woolwich, London, on the afternoon of 22 May 2013. It was feared the incident was a terror attack, with reports of chants of Allahu Akbar. The victim was believed to be a soldier.

Cover image via

Three more arrests made as Woolwich killing investigation continues

Woolwich murder suspect Michael Adebolajo, 2nd right, in the dock in Kenya in 2010.

Image via

Amid a suspicion of conspiracy in the Woolwich attack case, detectives have fired tasers and made three further arrests as part of the probe into the brutal murder of British soldier Drummer Lee Rigby.

Two men, aged 24 and 28, were detained at an address in southeast London on Saturday, while a 21-year-old man was arrested in the street in Charlton Lane, Greenwich, all of whom were held on suspicion of the conspiracy to commit the murder of soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich on Wednesday.

Police from the Counter Terrorism Command supported by specialist firearms officers, used tasers to detain the 21-year-old and the 28-year-old. They did not need hospital treatment. The suspects arrested were not named by the security agencies.

Two more arrests in brutal London attack, both suspects are Nigerians

Scotland Yard says two more people have been arrested by officers investigating the hacking death of a British soldier on the streets of south London.

Flowers lay in the southeast London neighborhood of Woolwich on Thursday, where a British soldier, Lee Rigby, 25, was killed by two men wielding cleavers.

Image via

The two suspected killers, now under guard in hospitals, had been known to security services before Wednesday's daylight attack, security sources said. Another man and a woman, both aged 29, were detained on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

The second suspect in the brutal killing a British soldier, Lee Right, of the 2nd Battallion, the Royal Regiment of fusiliers, is also a Nigerian-born British.

The second attacker, who was not named, was arrested at the scene of the incident by the British police. He is aged 22.

VIDEO: He speaks into the camera with bloody hands

ITV News obtained footage of a man with bloodied hands and knives speaking to a camera

Image via

This exclusive still from a video obtained by ITV News shows a man with bloodied hands and carrying knives speaking to a camera in Woolwich, south-east London

Image via
Unsupported video platform

British PM David Cameron to lead crisis meeting after the attack

British Prime Minister David Cameron was to chair an emergency response committee meeting early on Thursday, after a knife attack in London left one person dead, a news report said.

“There are strong indications that it is a terrorist incident,” Cameron told reporters on arrival at the Elysee Palace in Paris, where he dined with French President Francois Hollande before flying home earlier than planned.

Soldier hacked to death in London street

A man was hacked to death in a street near an army barracks in London on Wednesday in what Prime Minister David Cameron said appeared to be a politically motivated attack.

The victim was a British soldier killed in broad daylight by unidentified assailants who tried to behead him while shouting "God is greatest" in Arabic, media reports said. Soon after the attack, 2 men carrying weapons were shot and wounded by police.

Men lay a floral tribute close to the scene where a man was murdered in John Wilson Street

Image via
Unsupported video platform

Police sealed off streets around the Woolwich area in southeast London and helicopters hovered overhead after the attack. Pools of blood stained the street.

A number of weapons were reportedly being used in the attack, including a firearm, police said. Security has been tightened at all London barracks. Home Secretary Theresa May said in a statement: "This is a sickening and barbaric attack."

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe tonight confirmed two men had been arrested and officers from the counter-terrorist unit were leading the investigation into the killing

In pics: Attacker and the scene of attack

Probe: Police forensics officers investigate a car at a crime scene where one man was killed in Woolwich

Image via

Investigations: A forensic tent is erected near the scene of the attack in Woolwich, south-east, London

Image via

From above: This video grab from an ITV News broadcast shows an aerial view of the investigation scene

Image via

Two men were rushed to hospital yesterday afternoon while another man died after apparently being hacked to death in Woolwich

Image via

Scene: One man died at the scene here in John Wilson Street, while two were seriously injured

Image via

On the ground: Two men were shot by police marksmen after the machete attack in south-east London

Image via

Dramatic: The incredible moment a female passer-by confronted a second knife-wielding murderer in London

Image via

Savagery: One attacker with cleaver (circled) in hand walks towards his accomplice (also circled) as their victim lies in the road

Image via

You may be interested in: