Malaysian Who Planned To Marry His GF After MCO Dies In Tragic Accident In Singapore

The 32-year-old Malaysian was a deliveryman, who had been working in a dairy company in Singapore for the past five years.

Cover image via China Press & Sin Chew Daily

A Malaysian who planned to marry his girlfriend this year passed away due to severe injuries caused by a road accident while heading to work in Singapore last week

The deceased, known only as Wang, was a 32-year-old deliveryman who had been working in a dairy company for the past five years, reported China Press.

At 6.24am last Thursday, 23 April, he met with an accident involving a taxi on the Pan Island Expressway heading towards Changi Airport. He was riding a motorcycle at the time.

He was rushed to the hospital following the accident, but after long hours fighting in the intensive care unit, he took his last breath on Saturday night, 26 April.

"His brain was severely injured. The doctor said that it was swollen and his body organs were unable to function properly. He was on a ventilator, but in the end, his blood pressure dropped suddenly," lamented Wang's uncle, who resides in Singapore.

Image via China Press

Prior to his passing, Wang had a grand plan to marry his girlfriend after the renovation on their house was completed

However, due to the Movement Control Order (MCO), the renovation was halted and he had to postpone his plan to marry his girlfriend, who hails from Thailand, reported Sin Chew Daily.

Wang's mother said it was also because of the MCO that her son decided to stay in Singapore with his uncle temporarily. She said Wang used to travel between Kulai, Johor and Singapore daily.

The travel restrictions amidst the COVID-19 pandemic also made it impossible for Wang's mother and girlfriend to visit him while he was still in the hospital

Wang's mother.

Image via Sin Chew Daily

"It's not easy for Wang's mother to come over (to Singapore)," said Wang's uncle, "She needs to be quarantined for 14 days. We need to be quarantined for 14 days too if we intend to return to Malaysia."

"So, we can only assist in handling the aftermath and send the body back to the country."

Wang's girlfriend was not able to attend the funeral due to the travel restrictions.

Wang's body was delivered back to Malaysia after a stringent process and the funeral was held at 11am today, 27 April, in Malaysia

Image via Sin Chew Daily

The authorities in Singapore have since detained the taxi driver involved in the accident under the charge of negligent driving.

According to Sin Chew Daily, Wang's uncle said the accident was not caught by any closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs).

Hence, he urged those who witnessed the accident to come forward to provide more details to the police.

Remember to #JustStayAtHome. Watch the latest update on the COVID-19 situation:

Read more COVID-19 stories on SAYS: