x

news

S'gor Crown Prince Is Allegedly A Stakeholder In The Company Developing The Forest Reserve

According to a report in The Straits Times, Tengku Amir Shah Sultan Idris Shah is one of the two directors of Titian Jutaria, the company jointly developing the 931 hectares of the land with the Selangor government.

Cover image via Raja Muda Selangor/Instagram & Cyberjaya Community/Facebook

A major Singapore-based English daily newspaper has reported that the Crown Prince of Selangor is a stakeholder in the company jointly developing the 931 hectares of the Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve

In the report published on Friday, 21 February, The Straits Times (ST) claimed that the company ― Titian Jutaria Sdn Bhd (Titian Jutaria) ― is linked to the Selangor royal family.

The Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve land marked in yellow. The area is roughly the size of 2,290 football fields.

Image via Google (Edited by SAYS)

The Selangor government issued a notice earlier this month about its proposal to degazette 97% of the KLNFR for a "mixed development"

The notice includes seven villages gazetted in the KLNFR, namely Kampung Orang Asli Pulau Kempas, Bukit Cheeding, Bukit Kecil, Bukit Perah, Busut Baru, Tanjong Rabok, and Bukit Kamandol.

According to The Star, the KLNFR is part of a larger tract of land — about 8,000 hectares — that has been gazetted as customary land since 1927. However, 90% of this has been taken away for development.

Currently, of the 931 hectares proposed to be degazetted, about 364 hectares of the proposed development will be owned by state-run company Menteri Besar Inc (MBI), while the remaining 566.56 hectares will be awarded to the private company Titian Jutaria, ST reported yesterday.

According to the Singapore daily, Selangor Crown Prince Tengku Amir Shah Sultan Idris Shah is one of the two directors of Titian Jutaria

A review of Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) by ST showed that the two directors are Tengku Amir Shah and Syed Budriz Putra Jamalullail, who is the nephew of the Selangor Sultan.

Titian Jutaria's shares are divided between one "Sultan Idris Shah" who holds 40% of the stake in the private company, with Syed Budriz owning the remaining 60%, according to the report in ST.

Tengku Amir Shah with his father Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah.

Image via Raja Muda Selangor/Instagram

Separately, Malay Mail has also verified the status of Titian Jutaria

According to the Malay Mail report, the private company linked to the Selangor royal family has listed in its SSM record its nature of business as "property development and construction".

As of this writing, there has been no official response from Titian Jutaria about the reports.

There is a worry among concerned Malaysians that the state government's proposed degazettement of the KLNFR will see 97% of the forest reserve completely destroy the forest and its biodiversity

The move to degazette the massive forest land is being done by Selangor Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari, who said that 40% of the forest has already "degraded" and the move will prevent future bush fires.

While the state government has received more than 2,000 objections from the public against the proposed move, they were rubbished by the PKR leader, who said they are "just sentiments".

Read more about the proposed degazettement on SAYS: