A Segamat Woman's iPhone 5 Exploded While She Was Sleeping

The phone was not being charged.

Cover image via Sin Chew Daily

A 58-year-old woman in Segamat, Johor, narrowly escaped being hurt earlier today, 27 March, after her iPhone 5 exploded while she was sleeping

Sin Chew Daily reported that the phone, which was not being charged, was placed next to the woman's pillow when she fell asleep. 

It exploded within 30 minutes after she went to bed.

Image via Sin Chew Daily

The woman revealed that while she was sleeping, she started hearing noises akin to fireworks

She told Sin Chew Daily that she woke up and saw sparkles coming out of an object on her bed. 

"I jumped up and pushed the object off my bed," the woman was quoted as saying by Sin Chew Daily.

The 58-year-old then realised that it was her phone after turning on the lights in her bedroom.

Image via Sin Chew Daily

Explosion of the phone reportedly burnt the woman's bedsheets, hair clip, and floor

Sin Chew Daily reported that her husband, who woke up from his sleep, was also left in shock. 

The woman added that she usually leaves her phone next to her pillow.

"I usually put it next to my pillow but I never leave it charging. I've seen from the news that phones have exploded while being left to charge overnight so I have never done that," she told Sin Chew Daily. 

"I can't imagine what would have happened if I was in deep sleep," she added

Read other trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: