Syed Saddiq Claims He Is Being Blackmailed With "Sensitive Photos"
Syed Saddiq has lodged a police report at the Subang Jaya district police HQs, claiming he is being blackmailed with "sensitive" photos
The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM) Youth chief claims he was sent the "sensitive photos of a threatening nature" in an apparent bid to silence him.
Syed Saddiq held a press conference yesterday, where he said that he received the photos at 1.30am on Wednesday morning, after which he "couldn’t sleep".
"Previously, the threat was sent to my father and elder brother. This time around, it is much more personal. It is directed against me.
"It is not a murder or assault threat, but is of a more personal nature," he said.
The photos were sent to him through an app. Syed, however, did not name the app or elaborate on the nature of the photos.
According to a report in Malaysiakini, Syed, who declined to provide any details on the source of the photos, also refused to comment if the photos were lewd in nature.
He said that he believed both the blackmail through the photos and the RM5 million offer he previously received to quit Pribumi and leave Malaysia were by the same group.
Syed said that came to the conclusion based on the modus operandi being the same, where a threat was followed up with a bribe.
"This is a typical fear tactic. If they think this will silence me, they are wrong. If they think such a disgusting tactic will frighten me, they are wrong," he added.
Syed claimed that the threats against him were not "death threats" but were more personal in nature, aimed at silencing him
"They think the more they threaten, the more I will follow what they want. But one thing which I have learnt from my family, the more they pressure, the more we fight," he said.
On Monday, 2 October, Syed had claimed that he was offered RM5 million in cash by an aide to the prime minister to leave BERSATU: