[VIDEO] Bride-To-Be Now In Coma After Suffering 69% Burns From Gas Tank Explosion

The 26-year-old victim was due to get married next month.

Cover image via Danial Saad/NSTP & Kosmo!

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

A bride-to-be suffered burns on almost her whole body when a cooking gas cylinder exploded upon being switched on earlier this week

In the incident at about 8am on Tuesday, 13 December, 26-year-old Siti Hajar Hanis Mohd reportedly wanted to fry fish when the cylinder suddenly exploded, almost completely destroying her two-storey terrace house in Taman Sena Permai in Kepala Batas, Penang.

Tasek Gelugor Fire and Rescue Station operations commander Mohamad Hazam Hassan said a team was rushed to the location as soon as an emergency call was received at 8.13am regarding the blast.

"Arriving at the scene, members found an injured woman who was being brought out by a neighbour before the fire brigade arrived," he was quoted as saying by Berita Harian.

The victim was taken to Kepala Batas Hospital for treatment.

Authorities said the leakage might have spread gradually in the house the night before the incident.

Image via Kosmo!

The victim, who is supposed to get married next month, is now in a coma and will undergo surgery tomorrow, 16 December

The victim, Siti Hajar Hanis Muhamad, who suffered burns almost all over her body due to a gas tank explosion of a cooking gas canister at his home in Taman Sena Permai, Pokok Sena, Penang.

Image via Utusan Malaysia

Doctors reportedly said she had more than 69% of her body burned. An Utusan Malaysia report stated that the treatment for the burned patches of skin will be carried out in stages over four to five months, as the process of removing dead skin is complex and needs to be done with care.

According to The Star, Siti Hajar's younger brother, 25-year-old Muhammad Azib Muhammad, said she is currently in a critical but stable condition.

He and his wife share the terraced home with Siti Hajar. They were asleep on the top floor when the blast occurred. The couple got married last weekend and had only arrived at the house the night before the incident, reported New Straits Times.

"I dread to imagine what would have happened if we had not been at home to help my sister," Haziq said, adding that his elder sister usually cooks every morning as she was working from home as a drafter in a telecommunications company.

"I hope she will get well soon because she planned to get married on 22 January and we were to hold a joint reception the following day," he was quoted as saying.

"Now, all will depend on her recovery."

Watch a news report showing footage of the damaged home here:

You may be interested in: