Cheras Housewife 'Electrocuted' To Death While Talking On Her Charging Mobile Phone

She was 30 years old.

Cover image via Techno Buffalo

Earlier on Friday, at about 11:30PM, 30-year-old Suhana Mohamad was allegedly electrocuted to death while using her mobile phone at her home in Cheras. The mobile was said to be in charging mode.

According to a report in NST, the Taman Desa Baiduri resident was the wife of Raja Asri Raja Mat, a policeman with the Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter-Terrorism (E8) unit. He was sleeping during the incident.

She was sent to the Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, where she was pronounced dead on arrival by medical personnel

"The victim died during treatment at the hospital and the case has been classified as sudden death," Kajang DCP Supt Abdul Ghani Mohamad Ji told Bernama.

Her body was brought to her home town in Gua Musang for burial

Meanwhile, Amin Ashaari, co-founder of tech website, while speaking to The Star Online said that it difficult to say if the mobile phone was the cause of the electrocution. He warned about using cheap knock-offs and said to always use accessories that are from the original manufacturer or from reputable third party brands.

NOTE: The cover image used is for illustration purposes only.

Also, check out these 6 myths about charging your phone:

You may be interested in: