Samsung Galaxy S3 Exploded In Girls' Pants Pocket

The tool that has ability to communicate with anyone in the world at your fingertips, has the potential to become a giant bomb in your pants. We've all heard about phones exploding and seen the damage it causes, here's what it looks like up close. It's terrifying.

Warning: Graphic content below this segment

Image via aug-cdn.com

READ: Galaxy S3 explodes in woman’s pocket causing third degree burns

18-year-old Fanny Schlatter was at work, carrying her cellphone in her pocket when her Samsung Galaxy S3 reportedly exploded, Le Matin reports.

huffingtonpost.com

Schlatter, who lives in Switzerland, suffered severe burns on her leg and her pants had to be torn off . Samsung Switzerland is reportedly taking the incident "seriously."

androidorigin.com

She claims to have been left with no feeling in her right thigh and said she will be launching a criminal complaint against Samsung.

dailymail.co.uk

She told the paper: ‘All of a sudden I heard the sound of an explosion – like a firecracker.
'Then I noticed a strange chemical smell and my work trousers began to catch fire.’

gizmodo.com

By the time Ms Schlatter’s boss, Stephane Kubler, had come to her assistance, the flames had reached her shoulders. She was rushed into the nearest bathroom where colleagues doused the flames before driving her to hospital.

dailymail.co.uk

Schlatter won’t be returning to work until August 15 and has yet to have the feeling return in her thigh. She also feels lucky her hair was tied back and her sweater didn’t catch fire otherwise the injuries could have been much worse.

geek.com

Here's the burn that the exploding Galaxy S III left on her thigh!

Real bad.

Image via huffpost.com

Any phone can explode, it's not an often occurrence but it's not an impossibility either. iPhones. Android phones. Windows Phone. Blackberry. Whatever. Just be ready to toss that damn fire bomb as fast as possible if it does.

gizmodo.com

GALLERY: Exploding Samsung Galaxy phone leaves teenager with third degree burns and smelling like a 'burnt pig'

Fanny Schlatter, 18, pictured, from Switzerland suffered second and third degree burns when her Samsung Galaxy S3, shown here, exploded in her pocket

Image via dailymail.co.uk

The fire damage to the Samsung S3 phone, pictured, is thought to have been caused when the battery exploded. Samsung said it will launch a 'thorough examination to determine the exact cause'

Image via dailymail.co.uk

According to reports in the French-language Le Matin newspaper, 18-year-old Ms Schlatter was working as an apprentice painter when her smartphone exploded in the pocket of her work trousers, pictured

Image via dailymail.co.uk

The exploding Samsung handset caused a fire in Ms Schlatter's trousers, pictured, and the flames then spread to her shoulders

Image via dailymail.co.uk

Miss Schlatter's thigh suffered second and third degree burns when the phone exploded in her pocket. She said the burns were severe enough to make her smell like a 'burnt pig'

Image via dailymail.co.uk

Miss Schlatter's thigh suffered second and third degree burns when the phone exploded in her pocket. She said the burns were severe enough to make her smell like a 'burnt pig'

Image via dailymail.co.uk

Ms Schlatter claims she has been left with no feeling in her right thigh following the fire and is launching a criminal complaint against Korean phone maker Samsung

Image via dailymail.co.uk

Leave a comment