You Now Need A License For Paintball And BB Guns

Published by Melody Oei
8.7K reads

Malaysian individuals can no longer be in possession of imitation guns while unlicensed owners of such guns used for sports activities have a month to apply for a license.

Sort by:

Khairy Delivers Good News For Paintball Enthusiasts

Last updated by Mei Mei Chu 8 months ago
  • Licenses for paintball guns will not be a requirement for much longer, as the Home Minister has decided to exclude it from the Arms Act 1960. "Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid (Hamidi) has informed me that he, as the Minister, has decided to exempt paintball markers in the Act," said Youth and Sport Minister Khairy Jamaluddin here Sunday.

thestar.com.my

• However, Khairy said the process of exemption would take time as it involved many procedures, including intense scrutiny by the Ministry's legal division.

thestar.com.my

• The second round of the National Paintball League, scheduled to begin here Saturday, was cancelled because it fell foul of the Act. Khairy said the cancellation of the event should not have happened. "I understand the police were only carrying out their duties... but I really hope that no more raids will be held until the exemption process for paintball markers is completed," he said.

thestar.com.my

• He said this was because continuous raids would affect public enthusiasm towards the sport. He also believed that paintball markers, though listed in the Act, would not be rampantly used to commit crimes.

thestar.com.my

25 Nov: Malaysian Individuals Can No Longer Own Imitation Guns; Those Used For Sports Activities Have A Month To Apply For A License

Last updated by Mei Mei Chu 8 months ago
  • Unlicensed owners of imitation guns used for sports activities have been given a month, beginning today, to surrender them to the police and apply for a licence.

nst.com.my

The Deadline To Apply For The Licence Is 25 Dec 2013

Last updated by Judith Yeoh 8 months ago

Police Fear Imitation Guns Like The Paintball Gun Marker, Airsoft Gun And BB Gun Might Be Used In Criminal Activities

Last updated by Melody Oei 8 months ago

"Applications For Individual Owners Will Not Be Entertained"

Last updated by Melody Oei 8 months ago
  • Comm Zulkifli said shooting was gaining popularity as a sport and had to be regulated to avoid abuse. He added that the tight regulations for ownership and use were to protect the public and discourage the use of such arms in extortion and robbery.

thestar.com.my

• Since last year, the police have investigated 47 cases of possessing unlicensed imitation arms, like paintball markers, airsoft guns and BB guns. Comm Zulkifli said 29 people have been charged under Section 36(1) of the Arms Act. Two have been convicted and jailed two months, he added.

thestar.com.my

Those Found With The Arms After The Deadline Can Be Jailed For Up To A Year, And Fined Up To RM5,000, Or Both

Last updated by Melody Oei 8 months ago
  • Those found to be still in possession of the arms after the deadline can be jailed for up to a year, and fined up to RM5,000, or both. Children aged below 14 years are exempted from this law.

thestar.com.my