This Man Was Using His Apple AirPods When It Started Smoking And Then Exploded

He took them out when he realised there was smoke coming out of it.

  • A man in Florida claimed that one of his AirPods caught smoke while he was listening to music

    • According to The Sun, Jason Colon was using his AirPods at a local gym when he realised that there was smoke coming out of his right AirPod.

      He quickly took the AirPods out and ran to get help. 

  • When he came back, the right AirPod had already burst open and showed signs of flame damage

    • According to News Channel 8, Jason was shocked when he returned to see the state his AirPod was in.

      "It was already popped. I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried," he told the channel. 

  • Jason is thankful that he removed the AirPods from his ears just in time

    • "I don't know what would've happened to my ear...it could've been (my) ear lobe. Ear lobe could've been burnt," he said.

      Jason still isn't sure what happened to his AirPod, but he wants to warn others about it. However, 9to5Mac reported that Jason suspects it to be a battery problem.

      "Just because it happens to me doesn't mean it won't happen again," he said.

  • In light of Jason's claims, an Apple spokesperson announced that the company is investigating the matter and will reach out to him

  • Would this incident deter you from buying the Apple AirPods? Let us know in the comments below.

  • Last month, an analyst predicted that Apple may discontinue the iPhone X this year:

  • In other news, here's how to find out if Apple is slowing down your iPhone:

Most-read stories today

Leave a comment