As for Nangan, he said the doctor treated his millipede burn with a disinfectant and asked to see him again in three days to follow up
Reposts of his photos on Malaysian community pages have since garnered thousands of reactions and shares across Facebook, with netizens shocked by the incident.
"Be careful of millipedes. Just found out that they are dangerous. We used to play with them when we were children, it's lucky that we never got hurt by their toxic secretions," said one of the pages that has over 11,000 reactions.
Here are other creepy crawlies that you should be aware of: