'CRAZY RICH ASIANS' is making waves all over the world, not just for being the first Hollywood movie with an all-Asian cast in 25 years, but also because it's a fantastic film!
Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Kevin Kwan, American-born Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) finds herself in over her head when she finds out that her boyfriend Nick (Henry Golding) is one of Asia's wealthiest and most eligible bachelors. Thrust into the spotlight, Rachel suddenly has to deal with jealous socialites, quirky relatives, and Nick's disapproving mother (Michelle Yeoh).
Check out the trailer for the drama, fashion, and everything crazy rich:
Sure would be awesome to be that crazy rich kan? >.<
While you may not be crazy rich, if you do any of these 16 things you might be the atas friend in your group:
1. You're the person who always belanja your friends
2. You don't consider instant coffee to be real coffee
3. When colleagues suggest eating at the mamak for lunch, you're kinda like...
You love your teh tarik and roti canai but... it's just so hot lah.
4. You don't mind splurging on wagyu beef any chance you get
5. You've had a fine dining experience at least once in your life
6. You buy organic
7. You would never buy fake branded goods
8. You totally trade in your phone to get the latest one at least once a year
9. Your #ootd is always on point and Insta-ready
10. You would totally never stay in a motel or backpacker hostel
Bunk beds with strangers? Shared bathrooms? Curtains instead of doors? Nope, nope, and nope.
11. All your furniture is either from independent boutiques or custom-made
12. Your bed sheets have at least a 800 thread count
13. You 100% support artisanal, handmade, locally-sourced goods
14. You always buy the higher quality tissue paper
Seriously, small things like this make all the difference.
15. You own a really, really nice watch
16. Your friends and family legit describe you as atas
Atas or not, you don't wanna miss out on the fabulous 'CRAZY RICH ASIANS'. Watch it in cinemas nationwide on 22 August!