13 Details You Might've Missed In The New 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Trailer
Spoilers for 'Avengers: Endgame' ahead!
SPOILER ALERT if you have not seen Avengers: Endgame!
In the midst of dealing with post-Endgame feels and Jake Gyllenhaal's rugged good looks, here are some details you might have missed from the trailer:
1. Tony Stark's face can be seen underneath one of the Iron Man memorial graffiti
2. This suit-up parallel between Peter and Tony in Iron Man 3
3. Peter puts on Tony's glasses from Avengers: Infinity War
4. The scene is also quite similar to an iconic scene from the first Spider-Man movie starring Tobey Maguire
5. Fans have noticed that Happy Hogan, who has shadowed Tony Stark since the very first Iron Man movie, is now taking care of Tony's kids
6. A statue commemorating the Battle of New York (from 2012's Avengers) can be seen in the background when Peter is swinging around NY
7. Peter's friends from Homecoming - Ned, MJ, and Flash - are in the same grade as he is, meaning they were also "snapped" in Infinity War
8. The multiverse, which was first mentioned in 2016's Doctor Strange, may play a big part in Far From Home and possibly allude to the future of the MCU
In addition to the Earthly Plane, some dimensions that have made appearances in the the MCU include the Quantum Realm (first mentioned in Ant-Man), the Darkforce Dimension (Marvel's Agent Carter), the Astral Dimension (Doctor Strange), Mirror Dimension (Doctor Strange), Dark Dimension (Doctor Strange), Hell (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD), K'un-Lun (Marvel's Iron Fist), and Soulworld (Avengers: Infinity War).
9. In a bookending moment, Fury recruits Peter to save the world at the end of MCU Phase Three, just as he recruited Tony in the beginning of MCU Phase One
10. It's the first time Carol Danvers is referred to as Captain Marvel in the MCU
11. The Elementals appear in a clearer anthropomorphic form
In the comics, the Elementals are four extradimensional humanoids who became immortals with power over natural forces - water, earth, fire, and air (the winds).
12. Peter is seen drinking juice from a bendy straw in a bar, highlighting that underneath the Spider-Man mask, he is still a high school kid
13. Last but not least, and this is not really a detail, but I'd just like to bring your attention to how good Jake Gyllenhaal looks like as Quentin Beck / Mysterio
Not only is it gonna suck when he turns out to be the true villain all along (at least, according to the comics), it's a shame that his face will sometimes be covered by a goldfish bowl:
Spider-Man: Far From Home will be released in cinemas nationwide in July 2019. In the meantime, read more Avengers: Endgame related features here: