15 Epic Things You'll Never Forget After Watching Coldplay Live
British band Coldplay kicked off their 2017 ‘A Head Full of Dreams Tour’ with two back-to-back shows in Singapore on 31 March and 1 April - both of which sold out within hours (100,000 tickets, guys!).
We were mightily impressed with the show they put on for the crowd - it was a perfect mixture of clear and crisp vocals and music, kaleidoscope visuals, flashy laser beams, showers of confetti, and big multicoloured balloons - truly a carnival spectacular!
Here are just some of the things that are still replaying on our minds. We suspect you'll never forget these 15 moments too:
1. Looking around and realising that you're part of a massive crowd of 50,000 - 60,000 Coldplay fans
2. Wondering why they’re playing random opera music as you’re waiting for the concert to start...
O mio babbino caro~
3. … before realising that it’s the warm up song they usually play right before Coldplay takes the stage!!!
4. That feeling when you finally see Coldplay onstage!
5. The fact that you're as close as you’ll ever be to Chris Martin (BONUS: you’re breathing the same air as him)
6. The chills you get as you sing along to 'Yellow'
Because you know the stadium is filled with stars shining for you, it's true...
7. Semangat-ly singing the “Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh” part in 'Viva La Vida'
And you keep singing it after the concert as you leave the stadium (but it's not embarrassing 'cause other people are doing it too).
9. Feeling the tears stream down your face as you sing your heart out to 'Fix You' T_T
Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you~
10. When you feel your heart beating in excitement over the multicoloured bouncy balloons
Don't they just make you feel alive again?
11. The amazing combination of music, lights, visuals, props, and atmosphere that makes you feel so high, so high
12. Watching Coldplay do improv and perform cool made-up songs specifically for their concert
Coldplay should come to Malaysia and make up a song for us too! #ColdplayMalaysia
13. Feeling the ground shake beneath your feet when everyone jumps along to the beat of 'A Sky Full Of Stars'
14. Being part of something bigger than yourself every time your LED wristband activates to play its role in a breathtaking, stadium-wide visual display
15. When the concert's come to an end and you realise that now nothing else compares because when you're at a Coldplay concert, you just feel like you're going up, and up, and up!
Thank you, Coldplay. Thank you for putting on such an amazing show. We'll never forget it.
We could not have asked for a more magical night. It was truly para-para-paradise. =')
Missed the concert? Watch our SAYS recap of the Singapore tour: