Lee Pei Ling Has Been Singing Since She Was 10 Years Old! Here Are Her Best Performances
She's so talented, you guys. :')
Jeryl Lee Pei Ling has become a household name in Malaysia after qualifying for the grand final of the 'Sing! China' competition, where the 16-year-old will face off against five other contestants
Lee - the youngest contestant in the competition - is mentored by Chinese singer Na Ying, one of the show's coaches alongside Chinese rock star Wang Feng as well as Taiwanese pop stars Jay Chou and Harlem Yu.
The grand final of 'Sing! China', which is modelled after the popular reality TV singing competition 'The Voice', will be held on 7 October at the Beijing Stadium, where Lee will compete against Singapore's Nathan Hartono and China's Wang Chenrui, Xu Geyang, Jiang Dunhao, and Yang Meina.
The teenage songstress is no stranger to the stage, as she has been performing and participating in singing competitions - both locally and internationally - since she was a young girl!
Check out some of her most stunning performances here:
1. She may be only 10 years old at the time, but Lee is already showing an impressive set of pipes in this home video
2. While the rest of us were preparing for UPSR at age 12, Lee - clad in her school uniform - competed (and definitely held her own) against some of Asia's best singers in a singing competition in Taiwan
3. In 2014, Lee delivered a solid rendition of Taiwanese pop singer A-Mei's 'Yong Gan' ('Courage') at a talent show in China. It was also the first time she revealed that she was actually adopted by her parents.
4. Lee succeeded to the next round of the talent show, in which she went on to perform a duet with award-winning Malaysian singer-songwriter Eric Moo
5. Later that year, Lee was invited to perform at CCTV's New Year Gala (a.k.a. Spring Festival Gala), which is considered to be the "most watched television program in the world" by The Hollywood Reporter
6. School hall mics don't have the best sound quality, but Lee makes it work in an impromptu cover of Kelly Clarkson's 'A Moment Like This'
7. In July 2016, Lee did a blind audition for the coaches of 'Sing! China' and subsequently clinched a spot in Team Na Ying, who is considered one of the best female vocalists in Mandopop
8. The youngest contestant of 'Sing! China' definitely made her mentor proud with this rendition of Jeff Chang's 'Bu Yao Dui Ta Shuo' ('Don't Tell Her')
9. But it was Lee's rendition of Rachel Platten's 'Fight Song' that truly cemented her footing in the competition
Jeryl Lee will battle it out at the 'Sing! China' grand final on Friday, 7 October @ 9.10pm Malaysian time. We wish you the best of luck, Jeryl!