8 Amazing Moments From Flume Live In KL That We Still Can't Stop Thinking About
We still can't believe that we got to meet him!
Last week, fans (including us!) of Flume got to experience a dream come true when the Australian producer performed live in Malaysia for the first time
His performance at KL LIVE on 23 August 2019 was part of Heineken's Live Your Music series, through which they're pushing the tempo with an entire month of world-class music!
Besides the exhilarating weekend that was this year's Good Vibes Festival, Andrew Rayel's recent show on 10 August 2019 was also part of this series. The epically talented Moldovan DJ and producer brought the house down at the KL stop of his 'Find Your Harmony' tour.
Hot on the heels of that amazing night, Flume had a lot to live up to and man, did he deliver! Here are our top moments:
1. Flume ignited our curiosity from the first moment he appeared on stage armed with spray paint and a stencil. As his artwork continued to unfold, it eventually revealed the words "Halo, Saya Flume".
What an entrance!
2. Besides the music, the lights were practically a performance in itself. It was like a freaking light show guys, THE LASERS WERE INSANE!
Just loooookkkk! This short clip totally doesn't even come close to fully capturing how gorgeous the lights were. We were seriously awestruck by how they were utilised to create such a hype and lit (literally, haha) atmosphere.
3. Flume totally did not stay still on his decks, but instead held a variety of exciting performances throughout his set, creating a truly unforgettable show unlike any other
Scoll to the next clip of the post below to see him in action:
Think botany - yep, he started placing soil into pots of cacti and orchids, which he then proceeded to slam onto the ground.
He also pulled apart a printer, used a sledgehammer to smash things, and cutting the words "KUALA LUMPUR" and "KL <3" into a piece of metal with a grinding machine.
Every single thing he did just made the whole night that much more epic!
4. One of the highlights for us was definitely when he brought out a whole Tai Chi ensemble, they were so impressive *thumbs up*
5. Australian singer-songwriter Vera Blue, who rose to stardom after getting placed in 'The Voice Australia', joined Flume on stage to perform the hit track 'Never Be Like You'
Towards the end of the night, Flume also showcased an unreleased new single with Vera Blue - we’re so excited for it to be out AAHHHHHH!
6. And if one guest star wasn't enough, we got two! American rapper Reo Cragun also came on to perform his songs with Flume - 'Friends' and 'Quits'.
7. Thoughout all the action, we stayed pumped and refreshed with Heineken 0.0
Swapping out our usual Heineken, we decided to go with 0.0 so that we could remember every moment of this insane concert. Even though it's Heineken's first non-alcoholic malt beverage, it still tastes just as good as regular Heineken.
We really liked its fruity notes and soft, malty body. Sipping on it throughout the night kept us cool and refreshed, while still allowing us to enjoy every moment and even drive ourselves home afterwards.
8. Best of all, we actually got the chance to have a quick meet and greet session with the man himself right before the show started OMGGG WE WERE TOTALLY STARSTRUCK GUYS *deep breaths*
He was super chill, mellow, and very friendly. We didn't get to talk to him for long, but we did manage to snap a photo together (we're gonna cherish it for life omg).
Though looking back now, we're totally kicking ourselves for saying "I think you're great!" hahahaha omg malu wei but hey at least he layan okay. :P
A huge thanks to Heineken for giving us the opportunity to meet Flume!
The good news is that the fun's not over yet as the next installment of the Live Your Music series is coming up really soon, featuring anthemic indie champions Snow Patrol!
Take note of all the deets
Date: Thursday, 29 August 2019
Time: Doors open at 8pm
Venue: KL Live @ Life Centre, 20, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
We can't wait to spend another epic night rocking out to awesome music! This time, we'll get to hear some old-school iconic global hits like ‘Chasing Cars’ and ‘Run’. This will mark Snow Patrol's Malaysian debut, with their first-ever acoustic world tour.
Check out more of our latest #entertainment stories: