How To Convince A Malaysian To Attend Your Event In 13 Simple Ways
Malaysians, such a unique but predictable bunch. You just gotta know what we want.
1. Make sure it's not in an obscure venue that even Waze can't direct us to...
2. You're winning our hearts over if there is an abundance of parking spaces
3. Even better if the parking lot is close to your venue
The least the walking distance, the happier we are.
4. "Will there be food?" The answer better be YES.
Trust us, you do not want 'hangry' Malaysians in your event!
5. Extra brownie points if there are hipster food trucks
Yes, that pun was intended.
6. If the event is open air, equip canopies with fans blasting cool mist
Protection from both the rain and sun, aww yisss!
7. But if you could make entire sections air-conditioned, we'll be grateful we didn't have to sweat
Better yet, if the event is indoors with air-cond.
8. Do I hear... "lucky draw"? Now you're speaking my language.
The bigger, the better!
9. When there's good live music, we'll have more things to record, talk, sing about!
10. Have some sort of special promotion we can get on that day
11. When there's free WiFi, that's like half the battle won already
How else are we supposed to tweet and post on Instagram?
12. Just entice us with free things. LOTS of it.
13. Seal the deal with... free admission!
When there's free admission, there's a 50% chance we're going already.
If you're looking for something that ticks most of the boxes mentioned, check out the #LoveMyRide Festival
Keep your calendars free for a weekend date on 13th and 14th June 2015. It's going to be a lively weekend of bazaar, 3D street art, KL's booming food trucks, live music, and more. Seems like a pretty sweet deal but it gets better. It's free admission! Click here for more information.