This Malaysian Store Has A Different Kind Of 'Santa Claus' That You’ll Confirm Recognise
And you don't need 'Billion Dollar Whale' money to afford it.
Netizens have been pretty amused by this local store's Christmas collection, which features a Santa-like character who bears a striking resemblance to a known fugitive
The mastermind behind this spectacularly Jholly collection is A Piece Of Malaysia, or "Apom" for short.
Here are some of the things they have in the collection:
1. Red tees and red tote bags to fit those Jholly Christmas-themed parties
2. These mugs make great festive cutlery, or maybe a gift for your office "Secret Santa"
The mugs are available in three variants: "Tis The Season Of Giving... Back", "Drink It Like You Stole It", and "Money, Party, Jholly, Repeat".
On the other hand, the coasters come in a set of five - each with a different design.
3. Share the humour with a Malaysian who's living overseas by sending them these greeting cards
There are only two designs available for the greeting cards: "Jho! Jho! Jho! Merry Christmas!" and "Wishing You A Billion Dollar Christmas".
4. Children - or just those who are young at heart - can get in on the action with the 'Find Jholly' book!
5. If you can't decide which tickles your funny bone more, then there's a "Jholly Good" gift set to purchase instead
The Jholly Christmas Set comes with one t-shirt, one mug, one totebag, a coaster set, and a 'Find Jholly' book, which are packed in a large gift box and comes with a Christmas card.
Apom prides itself as being the destination for "well designed Malaysian products beyond the typical landmarks and icons"
In an interview with The Malaysian Insight, Apom's co-founder Kelvin said they were using pop culture to spread the message about how serious the 1MDB scandal is, as it adversely affects many Malaysians now, and could affect future generations as well.
Though if you asked them, they won't explicitly say who their main character is inspired by.
If you drop by the store, you can also take photos with "Jholly" himself!
If you have yet to read the book, here's what you need to know about 'Billion Dollar Whale':